• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vulcano ability mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am trying to make a custom ability based on Firelord's Volcano ability but for some reason, I can't get rid of the original model and its animations.

Model and animations are specified in the Buffs/Effects tab of Object Editor, in the Special\Effect folder, in the Volcano (Effect) object, in the Special Art line.
Vulcano_effect.jpg

However, I whatever model is choosen there, it will get overshadowed by the original Volcano model and its animation when I cast the spell in game. Even when I choose no model at all, Volcano model's animations get played.

After little bit of tinkering, I have come to realize that Volcano model gets somehow played whatever I do whenever Volcano based ability is being cast. That is, even when I remove all the the effects and buffs from the ability in the object editor. Which is very strange. See this image:
Vulcano_editor.jpg

All buffs and effects have been removed! So, Volcano.mdx animations could not possibly play. However, they do:
Vulcano_in_game.jpg

• Can someone please confirm that it is not only me who seeing this?
  • Am I missing something in the object editor?
  • Does anyone know how to completely remove the original volcano model and its animations from the volcano spell? (That is, without actually replacing the original vanilla volcano model by importing dummy it is place - I don't want to go down that road yet because that would mean that I can't have my custom ability and the vanilla volcano ability the game at the same time)

Attachments

• Volcano_cant_be_removed.w3x
    15.6 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.