1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Replacing the Volcano for a Volcano-based Spell

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by dragon_kid, Sep 23, 2009.

1. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey all...

I'm wanting to replace the Volcano from the volcano spell with a differing model and differing stats- for one, making it impassable, and also giving it a more crystalike/icy appearence. How would I do that, without messing up the Volcano's doodad profile itself?

Note: I checked the three buffs/effects connected to a volcano-based spell. The only one I can't seem to monkey with is a Volcano (area) Buff, as it seems to have no relevent fields (I made an edited version for my spell though still)

2. Revolve

Revolve

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If there is no model Stat- Model File line in either of the ablites/buffs related to the spell, then you might have to use GUI to make it. If you could remove the model, you could just place a dummy unt and play around with it.

3. Xarxos

Xarxos

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the Data-fields for the spell, there is something called "Destructible ID" that sounds like something interesting, but it seems as if it has no effect since it is empty by default and the only thing you can add there is unit-types, but if you do that the game crashes when you cast the spell.

I think the only way to change the model for the spell is to change the model file for the Volcano-destructible. You said you were looking for a solution that did not require you to do that, but at least I do not know of any other way to solve it, unfortunately.

4. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I was hoping to avoid that, but if I have to, I will. Thanks for the help!