• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing the Volcano for a Volcano-based Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey all...

I'm wanting to replace the Volcano from the volcano spell with a differing model and differing stats- for one, making it impassable, and also giving it a more crystalike/icy appearence. How would I do that, without messing up the Volcano's doodad profile itself?

Note: I checked the three buffs/effects connected to a volcano-based spell. The only one I can't seem to monkey with is a Volcano (area) Buff, as it seems to have no relevent fields (I made an edited version for my spell though still)

Level 5
In the Data-fields for the spell, there is something called "Destructible ID" that sounds like something interesting, but it seems as if it has no effect since it is empty by default and the only thing you can add there is unit-types, but if you do that the game crashes when you cast the spell.

I think the only way to change the model for the spell is to change the model file for the Volcano-destructible. You said you were looking for a solution that did not require you to do that, but at least I do not know of any other way to solve it, unfortunately.

Level 5
In the Data-fields for the spell, there is something called "Destructible ID" that sounds like something interesting, but it seems as if it has no effect since it is empty by default and the only thing you can add there is unit-types, but if you do that the game crashes when you cast the spell.

I think the only way to change the model for the spell is to change the model file for the Volcano-destructible. You said you were looking for a solution that did not require you to do that, but at least I do not know of any other way to solve it, unfortunately.

Well, I was hoping to avoid that, but if I have to, I will. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.