• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chocobo Yellow with Elf .blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I wanted a chocobo. I found a hawkstrider. I made a chocobo. Nuff said on that.

So...this skinning was a pain.
1. There are two skins in the original model that are used.
2. There was SO much unused extra material on each original that I spent a whole day just trying to figure out what was used and what was wasted space.

If you want to know where to stick the skins; just stick them in the same spots you'd stick original textures. "Chocobo Yellow Body" goes over "hawkstrider", "Chocobo Yellow with Elf" over "dragonhawk", in so far as the Warcraft 3 Viewer.

As for putting them ingame...Maybe someone can tell me. Getting skins to work in this game is torturous.

Anyway, the eyes are from an ostrich, some of the feathers are the same. And if anyone can tell me how to erase the team color under the elf I would get rid of him quite quickly.

The original elf though is still there for now, but seeing as it comes ripped directly from the game, no permission is needed from SinisterX.

Keywords:
Chocobo, FF7, FF VII, Bird, Anime, Mount, Knight.
Contents

Chocobo Yellow with Elf .blp (Texture)

Reviews
23:08, 11th Jul 2011 THE_END: The usefulness of this skin is very very low. If you maybe converted the whole rider to a FF character..then I'd probably approve this. But not now, try again.

M

23:08, 11th Jul 2011
THE_END: The usefulness of this skin is very very low. If you maybe converted the whole rider to a FF character..then I'd probably approve this. But not now, try again.

Level 2
Yeah, there are supposed to be TWO .blps and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do attachments on this site!?!

EDIT: AND the actual .blp looks nothing like that...It did yesterday...BEFORE I changed everything...odd...

Level 5
I always wanted a model like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 in all the final fantasy games i played no damn chocobos were chocobos! They were just yellow chickens 99999999/5 rep and can you make one without the ugly elf that ruins the uber mega cool look of the chocobo?
the elf is a disgrace to the chocobo

Level 2
Like I said, if anyone wants to tell me how to erase some of the team color from the alpha channel using Gimp; I'll get rid of the elf. And it's not SinisterX's model that i altered or reposted. It was the skin that was completely redone. So, from a legal and identity standpoint this reskin is legal. Frankly, I couln't use any of his original save for part of the wing. (Which will also be redone using a puffin's wing as soon as I can figure out the part used of all the extra wasted texture.) That is the only sticking point and will be dealt with today.

But, how do I do attachments? This is only one of two textures needed. I can't figure how to post the second one. Any help?

I will try to track down both X as he seems to have wanted to make a chocobo to begin with however and the orginal modeler to see if they want this.

I'll be doing all the other colors over the next week,
Ah found the attachments thing....
Anyways, all the colors will be done and I'll track down X.
(I wish I could find a 3b->obj converter so I could do all this crap in 3D Paint Pro... Gimp is the worst program in the world...if not for alpha...

Attachments

• Chocobo.rar
    981.1 KB · Views: 66
Can you show proof that you made this from scratch? I have reason to believe that this may be CnP.

this. and if your going to take a model, at least link the model you used. Its part of the rules. You also as well need to show that you did in fact have permission from SinisterX. Not that it would matter if this is CnP...

Level 2
Copy and Paste...Well yes. I said that I did....from pictures of an ostrich and a puffin...

I really don't know what going on with this .blp though. In gimp and W3 Viewer it looks normal, on every other program it looks like that thumb. I don't get it.

Also, It looks like WWW.Wc3C.net's registration is down, because I applied 4 times yesterday and twice thus far today and haven't got a mailed completion link. I had planned to post this over there as well...

Anyway, today I'm saying screw gimp. I'm finishing the rest of this in Photoshop 5LE because gimp blows chunks. I'll just rip out the alpha channel there and make a new background layer and convert it to alpha. This invisible alpha in gimp makes me feel like Ray Charles.

PS: In the OP, I gave the link to the model did I not? I will continue to try to get ahold of SinisterX (strictly because, I think he would like it). And I'll post a Screenshot of the birds I used. Along with how this thing is supposed to look...

Level 2
Funny copy and pastes from drawng of birds is the sticking point, given that chocobo is product identity of SquareEnix. I find that all the other cross media content would techinically be illegal and a C&P from bird pics to be the least of concerns. Call me crazy, but that's a grave dichotomy of ethics. Further, none of the images I used were copyrighted. (the chocobo pic int the corner was a reference.

But really why am I having this conversation. Look I'll figure out how to get the elf off the bird without me opening Maya and re-post it here. Now you guys can scrap it if you want. IDC. I was doing this for me to begin with. But most of you might do well to actually read the law everyonce in awhile. The finished complete set of all the colors will be up on Wordpress when I am done so anyone who googles will still find what they wanted to.

Level 49
Funny copy and pastes from drawng of birds is the sticking point, given that chocobo is product identity of SquareEnix. I find that all the other cross media content would techinically be illegal and a C&P from bird pics to be the least of concerns. Call me crazy, but that's a grave dichotomy of ethics. Further, none of the images I used were copyrighted. (the chocobo pic int the corner was a reference.

But really why am I having this conversation. Look I'll figure out how to get the elf off the bird without me opening Maya and re-post it here. Now you guys can scrap it if you want. IDC. I was doing this for me to begin with. But most of you might do well to actually read the law everyonce in awhile. The finished complete set of all the colors will be up on Wordpress when I am done so anyone who googles will still find what they wanted to.

we have rules here you know.

There's a huge difference between Copy-And-Paste and using something as a reference you know... As far as I'm concerned, Square's chocobos are made freehand... while you just copy pasted that pic into a skin...

Megami said:
actually read the law
-->well, here, we abide by the law of The Hive... so you should read that...

also talking about law, you called that pic a reference when you directly copied and pasted its contents (which is far different from using it as a reference)... isn't that plagiarism? and as you said, that chocobo pic is copyrighted so you shouldn't even be using that on the first place...

And yeah, please put a link to the original model which can use this skin...