1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Checking for Blight Ownership

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Jeppe109, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Jeppe109

Jeppe109

Resources:
    Resources:
    This point of discussion was touched upon in this thread, unfortunately not in the way in which I am interested in it, and since the thread was closed for replies, I found I had no choice but to create a new one.

As you know, the "Create/Remove Blight ..." triggers let you set ownership of the created blight. But is it possible to use triggers or custom script to check which player a patch of blight belongs to? I am developing a Dungeon Keeper-inspired map, and such a feature could save me much hassle.
    Sincerely

2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    simple: no. hard: save that by yourself

3. Jeppe109

Jeppe109

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you're right, I was a fool to think that I could come and ask World Editor questions in a World Editor help forum, I hope you'll forgive me.

4. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    indeed. you need at least jass subforum

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Blight is a terrain vertex flag. As such it has no concept of ownership. One undead player can summon buildings near another undead player on their blight, even if they are enemies to each other.

The reason the trigger action (native) takes an ownership parameter is possibly due to blight protection purposes. Eg certain undead structures emit a blight protection field that prevents the blight from being dispelled as long as the structure exists in the area. You might find that the results of the action vary depending on the nearby presence of such structures and the alliance status of the argument player with them.