• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Checking for Blight Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This point of discussion was touched upon in this thread, unfortunately not in the way in which I am interested in it, and since the thread was closed for replies, I found I had no choice but to create a new one.

As you know, the "Create/Remove Blight ..." triggers let you set ownership of the created blight. But is it possible to use triggers or custom script to check which player a patch of blight belongs to? I am developing a Dungeon Keeper-inspired map, and such a feature could save me much hassle.
Sincerely

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As you know, the "Create/Remove Blight ..." triggers let you set ownership of the created blight. But is it possible to use triggers or custom script to check which player a patch of blight belongs to? I am developing a Dungeon Keeper-inspired map, and such a feature could save me much hassle.
Blight is a terrain vertex flag. As such it has no concept of ownership. One undead player can summon buildings near another undead player on their blight, even if they are enemies to each other.

The reason the trigger action (native) takes an ownership parameter is possibly due to blight protection purposes. Eg certain undead structures emit a blight protection field that prevents the blight from being dispelled as long as the structure exists in the area. You might find that the results of the action vary depending on the nearby presence of such structures and the alliance status of the argument player with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.