• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

check if unit is attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how do you make an effective way to check if a unit is attacked by using JASS? sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 11
Well, usually the idea is to create a local trigger, with the event EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGE and for the (Triggering Unit), and as a condition to make it so that only the attacker actually affects the unit. The only thing would be to give a time limit in which the unit can be damaged, because if not, if players abuse the EVENT_UNIT_ATTACKED delay then there will be dozens of leaks causing lag.

~Daelin

Level 10
ok, now im confused. i use the EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGE to check that a unit is damaged? then what what do i use EVENT_UNIT_ATTACKED for? :oops: (sorry this is actually my first time trying out JASS)

Level 10
so i add EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED as a condition right? then do i need to add the other one? (man im feeling stupid right now :cry: )

Status
Not open for further replies.