• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chat Proabiton Piroid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well as i was taking to people in the hives chat room there where some people who where like

"HOW DO I IMPORZ SINKS"

and flaming me for trying to help them

i think there needs to be a way to force them to learn the rules before comming into the chat room like say "you need to have 20 poasts before chatting" or "you need to have x amount of rep before chatting" or saying you need to be a member for c month(s) before chatting".

i really hate all of the newly regestred users comming in and flaming me or just being stuped. so whats your oppinion?

Level 45
Everyone is entitled to use chat as its a service to help communicate faster and get help. If people flame or such, then they should get punishment/warning. People shouldn't be limited, thats like saying you need 10 rep to post a request or wait 2 days after account activation to post.

It's a service, but if they abuse it they have every right to be punished.

Level 15
Everyone is entitled to use chat as its a service to help communicate faster and get help. If people flame or such, then they should get punishment/warning. People shouldn't be limited, thats like saying you need 10 rep to post a request or wait 2 days after account activation to post.

It's a service, but if they abuse it they have every right to be punished.

ok but i'm aslo saying if they are forced to look aorund the fourms they should be able to find the stuff they want. and everyone in the chatroom wont get aggravted

ya but i'm saying eather

1. make some new channles to help with the problome (like help, off-topic genral)

2. make a probation pirod so people can learn the rules and not flame the people who are trying to help them
Yeah, I think there should just be 2 channels, one for help and one for chat, when entering chat it goes right to the help one, anyone who doesnt like it can move. But not too many channels...

Level 11
the chat is a blacklist based moderation system, just like the forums. You're always allowed in, but if you fuck around, you get banned. Whitelist based systems are bad for the community as a whole as they decrease participation and generally annoy new people. (what you are suggesting is a whitelist based system)

Level 16
I'm sugesting this because over the past two weeks there has been a flaimg spaming or just jerkoffey noob disrupitng my converstions

That's because hive has got a lot of kids who use the chatroom. It has nothing to do with how many posts, or rep they have. Kids will be kids. They act like asses on the chatroom and useally get away with it. When they do get punished for their actions, they are all like "wtf? mod abuse!!111!11!! r3p0rtzzing to 4dm1n!!19!)!!1".
So rather than cutting people base on their rep/post count, we put an age limit to the chat.

Or use the method that is used with medihvs tower. Each person must be aproved by the staff before they are allowed access to the chat.

Level 20
More chat moderators wouldn't fix the bugged users.

Anyway, just deal with it. If they ask for help, and you don't feel like helping them, tell them to search the forums or just SAY you don't want to help. If they start flaming you, then it's no longer your problem, it's the staff's problem, and in that case you can always contact a moderator to fix the situation. As far as it goes for me though, the chat is fine (except some specific people that should be banned by now...).

Level 15
Chat Excerpt

[13-33-55]
rank4.gif
murky2:
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
anybody help get mdl pr
[13-34-00]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: ?
[13-34-05] ragingspeedhorn has left the channel
[13-34-06]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: murky2, vorre
[13-35-05]
rank4.gif
murky2: i got 6-
icon_sad.gif

[13-35-11]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: ok
[13-35-18]
rank4.gif
murky2:
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

[13-35-21]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: no one here knows latten?
[13-35-41]
rank4.gif
murky2: plz help me
[13-36-42]
rank4.gif
murky2:
icon_smile.gif
wanna help?
icon_smile.gif

[13-36-56]
rank4.gif
murky2:
icon_cry.gif
or not?
icon_cry.gif

[13-37-10]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: what do you want help with
[13-37-20]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: and stop spaming smilies
[13-37-24]
rank4.gif
murky2: programs
[13-37-30]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: ok what do you want
[13-37-38]
rank4.gif
murky2: i cant find a good one
[13-37-42]
rank4.gif
murky2: mdl
[13-37-42]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: for?
[13-37-47]
rank4.gif
murky2: n mdx
[13-37-54]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: ok
[13-37-57]
rank4.gif
murky2: make models
[13-37-58]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: well there arent
[13-38-08]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: any free ones
[13-38-14]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: i'm worinking on one now
[13-38-26]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: but ill probly give it to fol
[13-38-29]
rank4.gif
murky2:
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

[13-38-55]
rank4.gif
murky2: fol who?
[13-39-06]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: Clan Fol
[13-39-11]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA: Fragments of Life
[13-39-23]
rank4.gif
murky2: noob clan
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

[13-39-32]
rank4.gif
DesKaladA slaps murky2
[13-39-33]
rank4.gif
murky2: again
[13-39-47]
rank4.gif
murky2: you bastard!
[13-40-14]
rank4.gif
murky2:
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
a
icon_mad.gif
a
icon_mad.gif
aaa
icon_mad.gif
aa
icon_mad.gif
aa
icon_mad.gif
aa
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
A
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
aa
icon_mad.gif
A
icon_mad.gif
A
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
AA
icon_mad.gif
its stuff like this i want to stop new users compliang at old ones for stuff like tools. but the problom is no chat mod was there to ban him for spamming.
(yes i'm makeing a new tool no its not done)

Level 2
Well as i was taking to people in the hives chat room there where some people who where like

"HOW DO I IMPORZ SINKS"

and flaming me for trying to help them

i think there needs to be a way to force them to learn the rules before comming into the chat room like say "you need to have 20 poasts before chatting" or "you need to have x amount of rep before chatting" or saying you need to be a member for c month(s) before chatting".

i really hate all of the newly regestred users comming in and flaming me or just being stuped. so whats your oppinion?

its called the Google search engine type the question and what you need need will pop up ITS LIKE MAGIC!!!....*sigh* i don't think we need a rule about chatting but it does need enforcing a bit.

Level 14
What about a sort of buddy system? People wanting to get into chat could pair up with a more experienced member. If the new person acts up the buddy could report them or something. It would also allow them to integrate into the hive better. Just imagine it... an almighty army of drones of THE HIVE!!!

Level 27
More chat moderators wouldn't fix the bugged users.
No, but it would get them out of the chat.

People who have been here for an hour, or with one post, or with rep, might still not have read the rules. I think the best way to make sure people read the rules, is to link them to the rules they broke when they are punished.

If a new user is breaking the rules in chat, ban them for a short time with a link to the the rules and the rule they broke.

I don't think auto-banning new users for an hour is a very good idea, maybe they want to use the chatroom to get help learning all the links of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.