• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Character/char-level restored into map number two in a campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Can somebody help me add Unit/character Selection to this testmap without destroying the camera-setup? =)

download and edit the map as you like. Credits will be shown in later progress of projects, -if I get that far.

I am not good at JASS or triggering at all, I am more the creative person that likes to make landscapes, story, characters etc. Tried for some time to make this work, but because of work in real life, I don't have so much time to work on this. Would be truly grateful for some help.

Attachments

• starting area rpg map.w3x
    18.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Only that i got that right the selection is between the hero group at the beach?

I made a Arrow based Selection for this.

switching is by Up/down-ArrowKey
, without wraping from last to first
Picking is by pressing "ESC"
the selection wont allow picking the same hero twice

I hope i could help you.

Attachments

• starting area rpg map.w3x
    18.5 MB · Views: 31
Level 2
Thank you alot mate! This is just what i needed!

Tell me if you ever need help with something! (I am good at writing story, lore, making terrain/environment/details and balancing heroes/teams).

EDIT: By the way, do you know any way to restore the same picked unit on another map (campaign) with the same level/abilities (abilities not neccesarily needed) as he had when he left the map? The unit will leave from a region on map 1 and spawn in a region in map 2.
wow, I am bad at english. Hope you see what I mean:)

Thanks again for the help I have had so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll want to use a feature known as "game caches":
Game Caches Tutorial

When the first map ends, you create a cache and store the hero. You can also store any other information you'd like, e.g. text, numbers, etc. In the second map, you load the cache and load the hero.

Another tutorial that might help is this one:
Transitions Among Campaign Maps

It specifically talks about transferring data from one map to another when you enter a region, similar to the Rexxar campaign. So if you need the hero to be able to travel from Map A to Map B, and then back to Map A, you'll want to take a look at that guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.