• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Changing the target of "Order targeting an Object".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
[RESOLVED]Changing the target of "Order targeting an Object".

EDIT: RESOLVED - Had the order pointed back at the initial target after an order "stop". Apparently the game doesn't like that. Setting it to another new target fixed the matter.

I'm trying to create a system that - through the use of dummy units - allows players to see the current HP and mana of their allies.

The dummy units are heroes, so they can be seen at the left side of the screen. Synchronizing the HP/Mana wasn't at all difficult. The next part, however, is.

Since the map is very team-based, many heroes have healing abilities and buffs that can also be cast on others. My plan was to use the same "party" system for that. When a hero would get the order to cast "anything" on the dummy unit, I want to have it cast on the corresponding allied hero instead.

I happily started making this, using GUI, but got stuck! I stored the order in variable, but found that it's not possible to retrieve this order using "Unit - Issue order targeting a Unit".

I can only use some preset orders, not the variable.

Who knows how to create this?

Last edited:
Level 9
Tried it and it won't work just yet. The dummy units are units without models, and out of range of the hero that gets the order.
I didn't think that would matter, since it's the order itself that counts, not the abilities range. What can be the cause?

I'm getting more strange behaviour though.

Status
Not open for further replies.