• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing File Path of Custom Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way to edit files at once? or a method that is a bit faster?
I have over 100 BTNs files in my asset manager rn and editing each one will take extensive amounts of time considering the lag every time you edit 1.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Is there a way to edit files at once? or a method that is a bit faster?
I have over 100 BTNs files in my asset manager rn and editing each one will take extensive amounts of time considering the lag every time you edit 1.
Try saving the map as a folder and then either put the desired BTNs in a subfolder as their paths or just rename them with some fast multi renaming software.

Level 2
Try saving the map as a folder and then either put the desired BTNs in a subfolder as their paths or just rename them with some fast multi renaming software.
This method does not work on Campaign files and the other methods don't meet my requirements while some have drawbacks that I would avoid for now (such as not being able to see the imported btns disbtns etc. after editing)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
This method does not work on Campaign files and the other methods don't meet my requirements while some have drawbacks that I would avoid for now (such as not being able to see the imported btns disbtns etc. after editing)
Save each map as a folder and then import them back in the campaign file after you put the desired paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.