• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing a target ground unit's flying height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Howzit

I'm busy with some spells and i'd really like to know this. I've read in the forums on changing the flying height of a ground unit, but i couldn't find any topics that explain how to change a TARGET's flying height.

The obvious problem is that there can't be a dummy unit, because not all targets look the same. I'm not willing to make a dummy flying unit for EVERY SINGLE enemy in my map, that's just insane.

So... what do i do? Is thare a spell, that will change the unit from ground to flying, WITHOUT changing the units model? Or are there any triggers that i can use? OR any other suggestions.

Note : I'm using GUI, can't do JASS yet!

Help would really be appreciated, i'll give credit in my map!

Thanx
Azure Wrath

Level 6
You need to add the Crow Form ability to the target unit.
After added, the unit will be forever allowed to use flying height.
You can just use:

Add Crow Form to target unit of ability being cast
Remove Crow Form from target unit of ability being cast
Change target unit flying height...

Level 2
Seriously, will that work?
Won't the spell cause the unit to change its model when the flying is activated? Or does the flying stick when you remove the ability? Coz when i'm done with my spell, i want the unit to be a ground unit again.
It must just temporarily turn to a flying unit for the duration of the spell (for eye-candy purposese), and after the spell is done, the unit must be a ground unit again.

The spell involves this: The caster levitates the target into the air, the peppers it with a series of lightning bolts. after that, the unit drops to the ground again.

Level 6
But it is Serious.
The Crow Form ability allows the ground units to use flying height. You don't need to order the target to use the crow form ability, you just need to add and remove the Crow Form ability, after that, the ground unit will be allowed to use flying height.

I don't know why but Blizzard did it at this way.
Do it and check with your own eyes. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.