• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

changes in war3map.j getting removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings.
I have finished to translate a chinese map a few days ago. I have done that by extracting the files with mpq master and reinserted the edited ones. Unfortunately the map was protected and in order to change the map name (well without that people wouldnt be able to see that it aint the untranslated one..) I had to deprotect it so that I can open it in the we.
Well after noticing that its kinda more comfortable to edit the map directly I Continued the work on the deprotected one.
But now I finished my work on the units and I noticed that I've done some mistakes in the .j file.
Now I got the problem that when I change anything in the war3map.j file and open the map afterwards in worldedit all those changes are removed. But since its possible to play the map with those changes there cant be any errors.
And ye If I edit anything on the triggers by opening the wc3edit there are always countless errors. Even if it's just a "Welcome.." to "Welcome!.." meaning the edits arent the problem. I coulda go back to editing the protected file but I would loose quiet the unpleasant amount of done work by doing so..
Well I struggled a bit explaining my problem.. I hope you are able to comprehend it ;p

Well what could be the cause of this problem and how to solve it? :(

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmnn thats too bad.. :
I have red that its possible to restore a map after it got deprotected.. unforunately I couldnt find out how..

Well but after some thoughtwork the onliest possible solution would be, that any warmap.j related lines are saved on a second spot aswell.
Or how should the worldedit be able to undo the changes?
Well as I alrdy tried to explain.. When I open the j file and change the "Welcome.." to "Welcome!.." and start the map afterwards there is "Welcome!.." going to be displayed.
In case I open the whole map in the we it's back to "Welcome.."

Ofcourse I coulda redo everything from the moment I started working on the deprotected file but I woulda loose 30-50 hours of very unpleasant work.. which means I have to skip that project. The idea alone is going the shed me to tears :(

Status
Not open for further replies.