1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[General] About war3map.j

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by modianoz, Jul 26, 2015.

1. modianoz

modianoz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello hive community! I know the question I am about to ask is asked a lot and I searched throughout the internet for some solutions but I can't seem to find any. I plan on making a RPG map, I've done some imaginative tweeks to avoid cheating such as trick variables, texts and such. However, other imaginative people might think that someone put their imagination at work while protecting their map... So I wanted to ask if you know any solutions to hiding the war3map.j or making it uneditable or making the map crash during deprotection or any possible to way to avoid non-freakin MPQ hacker masters to touch the script? Thanks in advance!

2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The principle is : if Warcraft 3 reads it, so can MPQs.
    So far what I remembered.

3. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you just fool yourself protecting a map (and the boatload of 12yo that would so LOVE to steal from your map).
    But hey, because of the inside paranthesis part, its totally worth it.

Edit: here this should guide you a bit:
    http://www.3ice.hu/blog/protect-warcraft-maps/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015