• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] (pre-CASC) MPQ vs local files priority and map post-processing or generation tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. (pre-casc) What is the rules/priority of local files vs MPQ?
I did some quick tests, but confused due to inconsistency.
For example, local Scripts/human.ai takes precedence over MPQ, but local Scripts/common.ai does not take effect.

2. I am interested to export/modify creep camp/drop tables from regular Melee or custom-Melee maps. (So that I can reuse/transform existing stuffs)
Is there any existing tool or building block for extracting these information from war3map.j or war3mapUnits.doo? (or better, to customize war3map.j generation)

Level 29
1. (pre-casc) What is the rules/priority of local files vs MPQ?
I did some quick tests, but confused due to inconsistency.
For example, local Scripts/human.ai takes precedence over MPQ, but local Scripts/common.ai does not take effect.
There are two ways to use modified files on WC3 without risk of corruption:
1.Regedit. Just go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\WC3", add "Allow Local Files", then set it to 1.
2.If you don't use "Allow Local Files", then just place it to "War3Mod.mpq" folder.

You can read this thread if you want to learn detailed things about Local Files.
More information about extracting CASC and MPQ can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.