• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

change pitch or yaw angle of a unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everybody,
I want to make a space fight map, as a 3rd person shooter, and want it 3D based. The solution is, that u can also change your height, by changing the camera pitch angle. For a better look, I want to rotate the pitch angle of the ships.
Is it possible to change the pitch angle of units?
Haven't seen any function for that :eekani:

sry for my english :grin:

+rep for help of course ;)
Andy

Pitch.. angle?
You mean .. height?

Edit: Also remember there is a search field for a reason >_>

Height.png

Level 3
Pitch.. angle?
You mean .. height?

Edit: Also remember there is a search field for a reason >_>

no no, u missunderstood me ;)
i know how to change the height :)
what i want is, to change the rotation (not the facing, but the pitch [sorry if its not pitch angle, idk :cry:]) and the important thing is, that I want to change it with triggers ;)
I dont know how to explain it in another way....
I want to change the rotation (pitch or what ever....) to the camera angle of attack :)

I hope u understand it now :)

Level 3
no, I want the unit to move, relative to the camera angle of attack and to the camera rotation, but i know how to do this.

I only want the unit to watch in the same direction like the camera.

I know how to get the camera pitch and yaw, but i dont know how to change the unit's pitch.

But I saw, that rover2341 has a similar problem....
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...tounit-changing-pitch-issue-new-units-176438/
but also no solution unfortunatly :cry:

I tried what he tried, but for me it doesn't work too ;(

Make a trigger that moves <region A> to <point> whenever the camera moves (point being the direction that the camera is facing) then have <unit A> face <region A>.

Sorry if that doesn't work that's my last idea. I havn't done much with cameras like I said, and tbh I'm not even sure if that's possible. If you're making a cinematic, that is way simpler, but creating a system that makes the unit face an area with the camera? Ehh.. not entirely sure.

change pitch or yaw angle of a unit?

Do I understand you right that you want to change the pitch angle of a unit like an airplane has a pitch angle when it takes off? If so, that won't work because Blizzard didn't implemented an pitch angle, just an horizontal rotation angle. The only possible way would be by importing models with "pitched angle animations" what would be very inconvenient as you would have to do that for every model you use...

Level 3
yeah, exactly thats what i wanted to know :)
but first, i don't get it work to make models for S][C and also I want to change the pitch angle in relative to the camera pitch (or Angle of attack)

but thanks, I think I give up making a space fight map, 2D is too normal, too boring I think :)

+rep to both of u for trying to understand me :D:D

I'm from germany, that could be a reason.... my language, but ok :)
thanks
Andy

I'm from germany, that could be a reason.... my language, but ok :)
I'm also from Germany and I think I understood you, so I don't think it's your language^^

I think I give up making a space fight map, 2D is too normal, too boring I think :)
Making a real 3D mod with the Starcraft2 engine won't really work, as Starcraft is more of a 2D game (the gameplay not the grafics) and thus doesn't really support 3D based stuff. But I don't think that a 2D space fight map would be boring. I'd like to play it if it would be well made. :)

Level 3
hmmm, maybe i continue later on, but first I continue on making my warlock like map (dont have any name yet :D:D) my problem is only, that I dont have the right models..... but this goes too far off topic now :D

Level 11
Aw... I wanted CC's Flying upside down.. (which would probably be invisible due to lack of polies on bottom of model.)
177335-albums3486-picture34959.png

Also, I would recommend using site operations (which is how I did the above thing).

Basically, create a new actor based off of Site Operation - Explicit Rotation. This doesn't use degrees, it uses vectors, but whatever.

Anyway, you can mess around with the values until you figure out what you want to do. Then, add the site operation to your custom unit's actor ("Hosting - Host Site Operations"). Now, you can use catalogs in triggers to change the values of this site op and thus rotate your unit.

177335-albums3486-picture34959.png

Also, I would recommend using site operations (which is how I did the above thing).

Basically, create a new actor based off of Site Operation - Explicit Rotation. This doesn't use degrees, it uses vectors, but whatever.

Anyway, you can mess around with the values until you figure out what you want to do. Then, add the site operation to your custom unit's actor ("Hosting - Host Site Operations"). Now, you can use catalogs in triggers to change the values of this site op and thus rotate your unit.

Intresting... so they also use vectors not just 2D coordinated elements and hights. Yea the Sc2 editor is REALLY different compared to the editor from Wc3. Even much more powerfull it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.