• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Change color of neutral player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I know you can change color of players
  • Player - Change color of Neutral Victim to Red
Thing is since I'm going to use it on neutral players there isn't enough colors.
If I change their color to one of the colors used by a player it will still be confusing even if you can tell that it's your teams units fighting another team's (better than just a big black ball on the minimap) now it looks like a player on each team has extra units, and that's pretty bad because the player can have some units as well.

Basically is there a way to add more colors or somehow make it possible to tell them apart without taking a moment to inspect the units? (both mini map and on screen)

Level 25
No.

Here are some workarounds you could use:
- Change units' vertex colouring. This will make them look different enough in the main screen.
- Give all the units of one player the "gold mine" ability, which causes them to show up as a yellow circle on the minimap. This icon can be changed to a simple coloured dot.
- Similarly, you can use the merchant (house) icon.
- You can also set a custom minimap icon and enable it for units of a certain player, one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.