• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change the team color of neutral players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi guys,
if been trying to get 2 observer slots for my map (5vs5, two forces, fighting against each other). Despite some issues I got this working. The two forces were the players 11 and 12 and they are now neutral victim and neutral extra. I also changed their colors, so they look like they did before.

But here is the problem: when changing the minimap to only show allied and enemy colors, both forces are black. You can't make a difference between those two forces on the minimap, which is quite irritating. I guess that's a special behavior of the neutral players and I'm also afraid, that it's not possible to change this. But since this is a forum full of smart people, I figured I might ask here before giving up on this subject ;)

So, is there any way of changing this? So you'll see the team colors, instead of just black?
It's working with individual colors btw, just the team colors are a problem.

Level 7
Ok, maybe some pictures will help to describe my problem.
I want this:
attachment.php

But instead I got this:
attachment.php

The first picture was taken with an older version, where the forces still belonged to player 11 and 12.

And as I said, the individual colors are fine. Just when changing the minimap to only show team colors I got this problem.

Attachments

• Minimap---allied-colored.png
    Minimap---allied-colored.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Minimap---allied-black.png
    Minimap---allied-black.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 256
Level 7
They are not in the same force group. I properly put them in two different teams (I hope, at least), using this Jass code:

JASS:
function Init_Forces takes nothing returns nothing
	local integer i = 1

call SetPlayerName(udg_DarkForce, "|cFF106246Dark Force|r")
	call SetPlayerColor(udg_DarkForce, PLAYER_COLOR_AQUA)
	call SetPlayerTeam( udg_DarkForce, 0 )
	call SetPlayerController( udg_DarkForce, MAP_CONTROL_COMPUTER )

call SetPlayerName(udg_LightForce, "|cFF4E2A04Light Force|r")
	call SetPlayerColor(udg_LightForce, PLAYER_COLOR_BROWN)
	call SetPlayerTeam( udg_LightForce, 1 )
	call SetPlayerController( udg_LightForce, MAP_CONTROL_COMPUTER )

loop
		exitwhen i > 5
		call SetPlayerAllianceStateAllyBJ( udg_DarkForce, GetPlayer(i), true)
		call SetPlayerAllianceStateAllyBJ( GetPlayer(i), udg_DarkForce, true)

set i = i + 1
	endloop

loop
		exitwhen i > 10
		call SetPlayerAllianceStateAllyBJ( udg_LightForce, GetPlayer(i), true)
		call SetPlayerAllianceStateAllyBJ( GetPlayer(i), udg_LightForce, true)

set i = i + 1
	endloop

endfunction

GetPlayer(i) is a function I wrote myself, which basically does the same thing as ConvertedPlayer(i).

Status
Not open for further replies.