• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Player Color Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The title of this thread is a little decieving. I was wondering, to the knowledge of anyone here, is there a way to change the colors of the players? By this I mean, is there a way to make it so, i.e., when a player selects the yellow color, there color isn't the standard wc3 color yellow, but maybe a darker yellow, or even a completely different color, this way I could get rid of pink (for good!) If anyone could help out it would be awsome!

Level 6
in a simple and easy way - no.

if you want black instead of pink, you can change individual unit color (pick all preplaced units, and then detect every unit being created...)

there could be an effective solution, but im not 100% sure... if you find out which (internal) texture is used to give pink details to player 8 units, you'd just import a dark blue (or whatever) texture into your map and give it the same name... can't help you further as i don't have time to experiment now. get Wc3 Image Extractor II, and start searching war3.mpq...

Level 19
there should be color change trigger in WE like you know you can change your color (more like fading) in Polar escape with -wild command and same thing happens on gem td unit fades to different colors frequently check animation actions may be there is one

Level 40
there should be color change trigger in WE like you know you can change your color (more like fading) in Polar escape with -wild command and same thing happens on gem td unit fades to different colors frequently check animation actions may be there is one
That's Vertex Coloring, not Team Color -.- It shades the entire unit.

It's also per unit, not per player.

Level 19
I didnt say its team color already :/
and you make it with trigger like unit enters in map
unit change color to chosencolor[playernumber of (owner of (triggering unit))]

sure you must have a different trigger with sets chosencolors for players if you're gonna use this

Status
Not open for further replies.