• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

challenging spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to make a solarbased spell that is 'charged' by the sun. The effect for the spell is that it only has a cooldown during the day.

Conditions:

If the spell has been charged during daytime, it must still be castable during the day.

If the spell hasn't been charged during the day, the cooldown must freeze when it becomes night and must continue with the cooldown when it becomes day.

With triggers you can do limited things with the cooldown so its quite hard to make it.

Level 3
how about replacing the ability after cast with a passiv and start a timer that is pause at 18.00 and continued at 6.00 and when it expires the "real" ability replaces the cooldownfake

Level 11
Well... practically hide the unit, make it neutral passive and pause it. Create then another unit, give it to the original player and... make sure you give it all the items of the previous unit, set its mana to the unit's mana and life as well. Also make sure the stats are increased accordingly. As for abilities, with a couple of IFS you can solve the problem.

Level 3
dealins way can be done by saving the unit and then restore the saved one, but this will reset all cooldowns and boni achieved for the new unit wont exist anymore when u unhide the old and remove the new, also hidden and paused units have decreasing cooldown

Level 11
Well FireFreak... for some reasons you are right. The buffs and cooldowns for the rest of the spells will disappear. And moreover, I'm not sure the paused stuff works for the cooldowns as well (though it should...). But I can tell you one thing: Once you remove an ability, and then you regive it to the unit, the cooldown will not remain the one it previously was for the removed and then regave spell. It will reset! And as The_Raven said, there is no way you can manipulate cooldowns (except reseting them), not to mention buffs. They can't be fully controlled either.

Level 3
i supose the real ability to have no cooldown.
after it is casted, a passive one that does nothing replaces it and after a (at night paused) timer is startet and when it expires the passiv is replaces with the real.

Status
Not open for further replies.