• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

CentaurWarlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi I'm CentaurWarlord!

I have embarked on a Centaur Horde campaign for WC3, using imported WoW/DOTA 2 models. You can read more on this WIP project here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/centaur-horde-campaign-252697/#post2533544

Or also on Warcraft Underground: http://wcunderground.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3510

While I have painstakingly and with much assistance have figured out many things, there are much more to learn and master. So I'm looking for any and all assistance and help possible.

Best regards,
Peace,
Centaur

Level 3
Hi StoPCampinGn00b, Solu9, GreeN!X, and Heinvers! Thanks for making feel so very welcome!!! Much appreciated!

Yes, I did read that before posting and I tried to hit as many of the required fields as possible as early as I could. Most fields are similar to other modding sites like Warcraft Underground, Total War Center, and Age of Kings Heaven, etc. The more I develop my Centaur Horde campaign project, the more I'll be able to fill out. Yet, I should and will run my information through the Map Description Generator, for standardization and formatting purposes. Is there a Campaign Description Generator or I just list my Campaign as Map Generator? Still, please let me know in PM if I'm missing anything crucial.

For the record, I'll be using World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment rips and DOTA 2 rips as well. I'm using Iceborn's method of Valve permission obtaining. Still, I'll contact Valve personally and obtain an email permission which I may post, if needed. Again, let me know what documents as proof is required of Hive Workshop.

Oh yes, I will definitely be requesting assistance from that forum. Thanks for the link! I also already contacted SeedingAethyr, so hopefully either I'll get directed to relevant people or get assisted on some issues/snags I'm hitting repeatedly lol.

Most of my issues is that in 2014... many of the tools for WC3 are ... finicky to get working right, requiring much downranking of software and such.

Best regards,
Peace,
Centaur

Level 23
Yet, I should and will run my information through the Map Description Generator, for standardization and formatting purposes. Is there a Campaign Description Generator or I just list my Campaign as Map Generator?
The generator isn't really required and definitely not a shit standard. As long as you present your map (or campaign, should be pretty much the same presentation.) in a readable and "eye-candy" manner then it's fine. Though I suggest you focus on the readable part more. :)

For the record, I'll be using World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment rips and DOTA 2 rips as well. I'm using Iceborn's method of Valve permission obtaining. Still, I'll contact Valve personally and obtain an email permission which I may post, if needed. Again, let me know what documents as proof is required of Hive Workshop.
Don't worry about that, the mods isn't that strict and they won't come to that point where they rage and then ban you when they see a bush model from another game being used. There shouldn't be much issue as long as you don't profit (which I really doubt will happen with a wc3 map) and you credit for the models properly. ^^

Anyway, good luck on your project and, again, welcome to hive. :)

Level 3
@StoPCampinGn00b
Thanks for accepting my friend request! Much appreciated.

@JCarrill0
Thanks for your support! Well, since I get to mod so infrequently these days, it's more of a pet hobby project of mine... when it will get done, it'll get done. However, I aim to push out at least the Test Map out real soon.

So far for example, I've completed the following, with WoW models, custom WoW gear/weapons/shields, and animations:
[Units]
1. Centaur Nomad (basic worker). GEAR: Pickaxe
2a. Centaur Archer (Tier 1 Ranged Unit). GEAR: Bow1, Arrow, Quiver, Arrowstack. Abilities: Envenomed Arrows, Burning Arrows (upgrade). Like Headhunter into Berserker, Centaur Archer can upgrade into Centaur Impaler.
2b. Centaur Impaler (Tier 2 Ranged Unit - armored model). GEAR: Bow2, Arrow, Quiver, Arrowstack. Abilities: Envenomed Arrows, Burning Arrows (upgrade)
3a. Centaur Drudge (Tier 1 Melee Unit). GEAR: Centaur Spear. Abilities: Whistle Packhound (upgrade). Like Headhunter into Berserker, Centaur Archer can upgrade into Centaur Impaler.
3b. Centaur Outrunner (Tier 2 Melee Unit - armored model). GEAR: Scimitar, Centaur Spearstack on back. Abilities: Whistle Packhound (upgrade)
3c. Hyena Packhound (Summon Melee Unit) [Limit 1 per Caller]
4. Centaur Shaman - Centaur Female model (Tier 2 Magic Support Unit). GEAR: Centaur Throwing Spear, Wolfhead hat, Blue Cloth Torso. ABILITIES: Healing Totem, Purge, Lightning
5. Centaur Druid - Centaur Female model (Tier 2 Magic Support Unit). GEAR: Druid Staff, Kalimdor Eagle hat, Purple Cloth Torso. ABILITIES: Rejuvenation, Mark of the Wild, Moonfire
6. Centaur Khan. ABILITIES: Warstomp, Endurance Aura, Reincarnation
Galak Khan Ablinh. GEAR: Blue Spear [just like in WOW]
Gelkis Khan Shodo. GEAR: Black Scimitar [just like in WOW]
Kolkar Khan Leh'Prah. GEAR: Qurjai Spear [just like in WOW]
Magram Khan Kammah. GEAR: Mace and Shield [just like in WOW]
Maraudine Khan Hratha. GEAR: Two-Handed Axe [just in like in WOW]
Note: These will be supporting NPCs and sometimes PCs in certain missions but not heroes per se.

[Buildings] - complete with customized Birth and Death animations, as well as Stand animation of course
1. Centaur Yurt (basic Food house). Can Migrate to turn into a mobile Centaur Migrant(Yurt) and re-deploy elsewhere.
2. Centaur Forge (Upgrades building). Can Migrate to turn into a mobile Centaur Migrant(Forge) and re-deploy elsewhere.

[Heroes] - complete with customized icons, spells, etc
[Strength/Agility] Centaur Khan, Stonetalon Khan Turok or Turok, Khan of Stonetalon (to be replaced with DOTA 2 Centaur Warrunner model/animations)
Ability 1: Hoofstomp
Ability 2: Cleave
Ability 3: Marksmanship Aura
Ability 4: Charge

[Strength] Magnataur Runemaster, Dregmar Runebrand
Ability 1: Rune Shield
Ability 2: Rune Weapon
Ability 3: Runed Resilience
Ability 4: Rune Shard Armor

[Agility/Intelligence] Sandfury Mahdi, Muad'dib'jin
Ability 1: Sandworm Strike
Ability 2: Quicksand
Ability 3: Crysknife Finale
Ability 4: Sandstorm
Note: I'll post the above under the project page as a progress post.

Th-that's all for now, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.