• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Cave doodad rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

Greetings,

I need and want to ask for help: How to rotate a doodad "Cave" (please, see the attachment)?

I need to make this doodad face 90°. I modified it in Object Editor, from value 270° to 90°. It remains facing the 270° direction. I would be grateful for your help in solving this problem.

I am looking forward to your response.

Attachments

• Cave - example.JPG
    Cave - example.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 106
Level 30
I have tried it countless times and I think it's impossible to do this through rotating.

What I would suggest is for you to edit this cliff cave model making it have different rotations then import this files and use them. This is just a wild guess but might work for you. Will require some little modelling skills by the way.

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

I thank you for your answer and aid, moderator. However, my model Editor does not work.

Level 12
edit 2: do the following but set Has Lightweight Model to false, then it will also be visible ingame.

Its possible by creating a destructible like the one in this image.
For the fitting replaceable texture you have to browse through ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\

This is quite a complicated way though, as you have to fit the destructable in the terrain by hand. Editing the model would be easier.

Last edited:

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

Its possible by creating a destructible like the one in this image.
For the fitting replaceable texture you have to browse through ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\

This is quite a complicated way though, as you have to fit the destructable in the terrain by hand. Editing the model would be easier.

e: ok screw that post. Somehow it works in editor but ingame the model is invisible = /. If I should find a way, Im gonna edit again.

I thank you, Ezekiel. I was able to manage it, however, the color is not corresponding with the cliff color, or it seems as if it is being in shade. It is darker than the cliff (please, see new attachment).

Is there any possibility to handle it?

Attachments

• Cave - example 2.JPG
    Cave - example 2.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 160

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

I thank you, Ezekiel. I was able to manage it, however, the color is not corresponding with the cliff color, or it seems as if it is being in shade. It is darker than the cliff (please, see new attachment).

Is there any possibility to handle it?

This reply of mine was for your unedited message. For the editted one: All correct, I will wait then and gratefully await further progress.

Level 12
See my edited post above.

As for the other problem, I guess you are using ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\C_Cliff0.blp

Try ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff0.blp. It seems to use the base texture for every tileset.
Maybe check the Tinting colors again, are they all set at 255?

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

See my edited post above.

As for the other problem, I guess you are already using ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\C_Cliff0.blp

Maybe check the Tinting colors again, are they all set at 255?

Thank you, I have done it with that Lightweight.

In other case, I am using ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff0.blp and my default doodad is Underground blue mushroom tree, if it can help to solve the problem. Yes, I have set the colors to 255.

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
My map is an Underground tileset - may that be the case?

Every tileset has different lightning. Apparently doodads (or just those terrain doodad caves, I dont know) textures use different lightning options then destructables. This can not be fixed in the World Editor.

What should I do if using that Underground tileset, please?

One small thing which might be unwanted and also doesnt solve all problems would be to go to Scenario -> Map Options and set the Custom Light Environment to something more bright.

I can not help you with model editing unfortunately, as I dont have enough knowledge to achieve what you want.

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

Every tileset has different lightning. Apparently doodads (or just those terrain doodad caves, I dont know) textures use different lightning options then destructables. This can not be fixed in the World Editor.

One small thing which might be unwanted and also doesnt solve all problems would be to go to Scenario -> Map Options and set the Custom Light Environment to something more bright.

I can not help you with model editing unfortunately, as I dont have enough knowledge to achieve what you want.

So be it. I thank you for your actions, Ezekiel, I greatly appreciate your will to help.

But today, I have solved the problem by using only west-orientated cave and I am satisfied and have decided to not use north-orientated for this current cause of mine. May this remain a challenge for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.