• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cataclysm [New AoS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
nice
new archer model for horde
new tree model for Lost Isles side :D
new instances (no idea how to enter xD)
new ulti for DK

mby in next ver u could add Warsong Gluch? (Team Duel) :)

i will post other suggestions later cuz i'm busy atm :S

Atm, the instances are disabled :p I tested them out but it seemed to take the focus away from the main objective, which was to kill your enemy base :p

However, as for warsong gulch, do you mean like a hero-arena? :) Perhaps every 10 minutes theres a duel or something? :p

The best stuff at open source is that you get help and you don't need to do that much at all.

The total advantage at my system is you can easily add conditions, such as whether a spawn building is alive or if team is playing.

Also, you can do limited spawns or unlimited. (Like an item that spawns 3x times units of type x).

And, you can instantly run stuff for unit safter spawning.

That combinied with my other system can mean that you automatically add a way to the units which they will attack/move to.

And btw, my MoveSystem automatically reorders unit, whether they stop, cast a spell or such.

So it could be a nice bonus feature to allow the creeps to cast spells! :)

Level 2
yes better version now ... in my opinion later you should add races in order to make it more wow-ish... only by seeing the instances and their terrain i'm satisfied, you could probably add a command for -pvp so that the instances are locked and command -pve with maybe a lower xp rate but with open instances , also you could mix real wow instances with your own ideas, if you don't only want to make the normal wow instances .. it would be great

What the fuck? The tower has no archer?
Catawtf.JPG

Gonna win this one.
rofl.JPG

Triggered spells can be abused by casting and pressing STOP (S) right after.
spellabuse.JPG

Lets see. The game could be famous as dota or even more. I know its a beta, but you need more items,items,items no fun if you have around 10 custom items. Next thing, the hero selection don't get me wrong but its just bad IMO (the camera, the whole idea, i would suggest making a tavern or if you want something special make a selection similar to your D3 map) and you can control the invisible unit at the selection area? wtf? The towers in the base are too strong, i mean hp over 5000? that's a little bit too much. The upgraded unit thing, its over powered. My hero couldn't stand a chance against them. The events are good i like them, tough not much of them, if you think of a battle between 5v5 heroes the events would finish too soon my point is add moar! :D Cant wait for the instances, oh and more heroes :D The terrain could use a little bit of detail, mushrooms, flowers and so on. Some hills are pointy and that doesn't seem right. I played the hunter, the wolf, he dies too fast ='(((( the ulti should have 3 levels. The starfall, too week IMO. The critical is good. The items in the shop make so that when a hero buys more then 1 bow the second bow drops on the ground. There should be a secret shop somewhere. Good luck! yet again, great map :)

Level 13
it looks really good, but i personally think there are way too many AOS's out there..

In my opinion there should be more AoS :p

statg.jpg

maybe the RPG part of this map should be a possibility, which only the host is able to select at the start.

the bottom left part should be more seperated

I'm waiting eagerly for a new version. :)

Level 4
I just played it and there are a few things (which may have been mentioned before):

-creeps upgrade too quickly it seems
-some pathing issues
-units can climb the cliffs behind the main structures in the bases
-Our game was stalemated until the other team left. It seems that a bigger snowball effect is needed, but it's just beta so I know that improved items will add this.

Level 30
Yea, fraid so :( I recently started a full-time job as part of my univeristy placement year xD I'm out all day from 6:30am - 6:30pm, and theres normally real life issues to attend to in the free time I do get ;)

Fear not though! I'll be releasing an open-source version of this so people are most welcome to continue the map if they so wish :)

Level 17
CloudWolf, now when you have left this project aswell, does that mean that your done with making warcraft 3 mods for good?
You do not really have time to start a new one, and when sc2 comes out you will shift from wc3 to sc2.

Level 18
Siphon Mana for the Mage still includes the Blood Mage in its tooltip. Also, I noticed that all of the spells (that I've tested so far) are all default Warcraft III abilities. You need someone to customize the gameplay a little with some more complex triggers, right now its kind of simple.

The terrain is pretty well done, though the "lanes" seem to be crevices in the terrain and you don't use fog visibility very well, heroes are capable of seeing their entire sight range most of the time (which seems strategically mute).

Level 11
Siphon Mana for the Mage still includes the Blood Mage in its tooltip. Also, I noticed that all of the spells (that I've tested so far) are all default Warcraft III abilities. You need someone to customize the gameplay a little with some more complex triggers, right now its kind of simple.

The terrain is pretty well done, though the "lanes" seem to be crevices in the terrain and you don't use fog visibility very well, heroes are capable of seeing their entire sight range most of the time (which seems strategically mute).

Yeah most spells were default ones but these were Cw's old ones :O I will add spells in vjass of course and fix tooltips etc

EDIT: What do you guys think shall I open a new thread or stick with this one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.