• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting Time Bar Animation for Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a hero ability with a "Stats - Casting Time" of 5 seconds. When I play the map, I learn the hero ability, click it, and click another unit as the target. My hero just stands there next to the target for 5 seconds doing nothing, then casts the ability. How do I add a casting time bar to the unit or player casting the ability? I want an indicator of some sort counting down to when the ability will cast its effect.

Or, how do I add a channeling animations to models that do not have one?

Level 1
I figured out that not all models have a channeling animation. So, I am guessing here, but if I want to add an animations I will need some sort of modeling tools?

{EDIT}
Problem solved! I found an animation tutorial for adding new animations to models here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f282/basic-animation-transfers-31703/

Also, I found a short cut for now to show channeling happening without modifying the models or using a casting bar by creating a trigger:

• EVENT
  • = A unit Begins channeling an ability
  • CONDITION
  • = (Ability being cast) Equal to [U]Ability[/U]
  • ACTION
  • = Special Effect - Create special effect attached to the [U]overhead[/U] (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
  • = if ((Issued Order) Equal to (Order(Begins casting an ability))) then do (Special Effect - Destroy (last created special effect)) else do (Special Effect - Create special effect attached to the [U]overhead[/U] (Triggering unit) using Objects\RandomObject\RandomObject.mdl)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.