• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cassowary Robot

Some time ago i started making some robots and other futuristic models. One of them is this one, the Cassowary. The name is from the Kazuar from the Earth 2160 game series. The design is also made after the Kazuar, with some changes. The anims and skeleton are from the ingames (Warcraft) standard Draenei, with some modifications. Some unnecessary bones and helper objects got removed, the walk anim was also remade, same anim as before, but slower since the robot isn't supposed to be running at any given time. Portrait is integrated to the actual model. It too has been made to fit the Marines from size (no scaling needed). :wink:

Cassowary /w Miniguns:

General speaking, it features the same advantages as the SR-6 Spider robots. It's immune to biological weapons and nerve agents and can also walk over most terrains without having the troubles which wheels would have. Unfortunately, it also shares the drawback of being susceptible to charged weapons like electro canons and ion blasters, which can lay low its CPU and electronics. In comparison with the much smaller Spider though, it's much more versatile. Able to withstand more damage as causing more damage as well, it can be used for assaults and combat. It doens't make the best scout however, since its large size makes it easy to spot it and it's also slower than the Spider. Anyways it can safely be considered a good choice for most purposes, it's something like a good all-around-unit! Only heavy vehicles and big fortifications along with bomber air crafts can pose a danger to it, since with only two carrier units it's not as stable as a tank. The minigun version can attack both land and aerial targets.

Feel free to use it in any way you desire! Have fun with it!

Update 1: my thanks to SonOfSami for pointing out that the material of the exhaust was using the wrong skin. Fixed that now!
Previews
Contents

Cassowary Minigun Version (Model)

Cassowary Minigun Version (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
Interesting model and okayish execution. Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.
The cubes on the shoulders and the minigun's texture are messed up, you probably should use the orc car texture for the minigun.
You should also remove Stand VAR4.
If these things are fixed, then it would be a great model!
It does use the orc car texture in these parts......
will see what the others are going to say about the Stand Var 3 & 4 anims before changing something, but thx for the advice :wink:
ty! :)

Then why when i open it in magos, i see HeroTinkerTank texture instead?
Stand var 3 is fine, 4 is meaningless for a robot.
Edit: Also its like that Ingame.
The orc car is a special unit, and getting it into Magos sometimes must be done manually (with custom path, etc.). If the skin is always set to the tinker, this might be the reason.....but i'll have it a check anyways. Will see about anim 4, but yes, i was thinking about deleting it too ^^

Level 14
Minigun texture fixed, but that comes with a a texture problem on the upper part of the back, but because of the angle and the smoke, it isnt much noticeable as the minigun, upped rating, however it will be better if that part is fixed.
A suggestion, make the muzzle flash a little bigger.

Last edited:
Minigun texture fixed, but that comes with a a texture problem on the upper part of the back, but because of the angle and the smoke, it isnt much noticeable as the minigun, upped rating, however it will be better if that part is fixed.
A suggestion, make the muzzle flash a little bigger.
upper back? If you mean the exhaust it's supposed to have the tinker tank texture......
About the muzzle fire i'm not 100% sure whether it should be bigger or not, it's actually a minigun, not a canon

Level 14
upper back? If you mean the exhaust it's supposed to have the tinker tank texture......
About the muzzle fire i'm not 100% sure whether it should be bigger or not, it's actually a minigun, not a canon
The problem is, its not tinker tank anymore, it got changed to OrcCar alongside the minigun.
About the muzzle flash, well its warcraft so it should be exaggerated a bit, like the spider robot, however its just a suggestion.

The problem is, its not tinker tank anymore, it got changed to OrcCar alongside the minigun.
About the muzzle flash, well its warcraft so it should be exaggerated a bit, but not by much, however its just a suggestion.
ok, will check it out.
That's true too though ^^

Update: you were right about that one skin....the material was for some reason using the wrong skin

Last edited:
Level 1
I have an issue with its portrait. I've done everything to make the model use its portrait but all it shows is a black portrait. Any way to fix this? It's a shame though because I really like this model and I want to use it for my WIP custom melee map.