• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Carrion Swarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello, I have a very small problem with the Carrion Swarm ability, I changed the missile model but there seems to be a problem with the black things appearing on hit units.

I really have no idea how to remove those, can anybody help? =/

(check attached files to understand what I mean)

WC3ScrnShot_110616_025648_01.jpg

Attachments

• Dragon Fire.w3x
    23.2 KB · Views: 52
Level 12
Maybe the effect is complementary to the normal carrion swarm unit model.

(Thread hijacked)
By the way, is it possible that immolation and permanent immolation have the same problem? Cause I tried modifying those but no progress yet.

Level 13
By the way, is it possible that immolation and permanent immolation have the same problem? Cause I tried modifying those but no progress yet.
Those are fine. I've never had any problem with them. You probably know this already, but I'm typing it anyway: You change the immolation's effects via buffs.

That's crazy. Why you do dat, Blizzard?
idk man; contact 'em.

Level 21
Removing the buff "immolation" should've solved the problem as it uses the target effect model in "Art - special", but the effect stays.
You can't just remove buffs from abilities. If you do that and leave the Stats - Buffs field empty the ability will still use the standard buff. You either need to edit the buff itself or make the ability use a custom buff.

Level 3
That's either in "Art - Special" or it's hardcoded (trust me, as you learn more, you will come to despise Blizzard for all the random hardcoded garbage)

Either way, you're better off basing the ability on "Crushing Wave," which does the exact same thing (you could also use the Tauren Chieftain's "Shockwave")

Status
Not open for further replies.