• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cargo Holding Unit but can still attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
From the title itself, is it possible a cargo holding unit, like the goblin zeppelin, to have the ability to attack. I just discovered a way of disabling attacks using cargo hold but now I'm in need of something in reverse.

I'm not sure about the cargo hold orc burrow skill but can someone tell me more about it cause I think that's what I need. I need the unit to not attack when there's no cargo unit in it but it could attack once someone's inside it.

EDIT: I also want the units inside the cargo to die when the cargo dies.

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm not sure about the cargo hold orc burrow skill but can someone tell me more about it cause I think that's what I need.

Better do not use it. Every unit inside the carrier will give him 100%IAS (maxing at 4 units inside)

Triggering it with adding an invisible ability that disables attack is much easier.

Level 14
Using the Burrow - Cargo Hold ability will limit you to using 1 type of unit, but you can specify how many units can be contained. All cargo holding units will drop units intact (but slowed) so long as the movement type isn't violated (a drop over deep water/abyss is fatal).

If you are fine with using a pair of units (one is the 'cargo' holder and the other mans the weapons, then you can use the Night Elf Mount/Dismount Hippogryph as the base ability and replace the archer/hippogryph/hippogryph-rider units with what you want to use. This is more of a pilot/co-pilot deal and less of an APC though.

To have a cargo unit capable of transporting anything, and attacking only while transporting something, then you'll probably need to trigger it (I couldn't find any default abilities that could do what you wanted).

//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.