• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Canton Hivernal/Winter TownShip (WTS

Description

This map is an entry for the 7th melee contest of 4v4 maps.
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/melee-mapping-contest-7-4v4.332255/

Name:
Canton Hivernal // Winter TownShip (WTS)

In this period of ice, the canton of the FRC finds itself in the middle of a ruthless war.
This small region will come under this Chaos.

The Township has:

Neutral building:

- 10 Goldmines (6 = 12500G, 2 = 13500G, 2=15000G)
- 3 Taverns
- 1 Marketplace
- 3 shop
- 2 Mercenary camp
- 4 Goblin Lab

Creep Camp:

- 24 green
- 25 orange
- 3 red

The land has 3 separate zones
the 1: main area of the game
the 2: secondary zone allowing recovery of the xp and object in the event of a delay in zone one
the 3: mines accessible only in zeppelin and large charged object

Edit: 11/27/2021 :
Modification : the middle has been reworked, now there are 2 shops in the center + 2 mines. Behind the bases, the shops have disappeared and replaced by labs. the labs have been replaced by a red creep and a market.
Previews
Contents

Canton Hivernal/Winter TownShip (WTS (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Based on/In addition to the reviews of: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/melee-mapping-contest-7-results.333989/ I mostly agree with the judges. The map immediately feels familiar, but by which I dont mean that is just a copy of existing stuff...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Based on/In addition to the reviews of:

I mostly agree with the judges. The map immediately feels familiar, but by which I dont mean that is just a copy of existing stuff. Creeps and itemdrops are fine. There are a few interesting/potentially risky design choices, but I mostly like them:
1. Just a single central shop, with the others being backwards, so going there will result in wasted time. Very interesting, could make for competition for the scrolls in the mid-/late game; but the backwards shop are still an alternative if a player absolutely wants something but cant risk going to the middle. It's kinda weird the central shop can be accessed without killing the creeps though.
2. Watcher ward: Potentially very strong, but certainly not going to decide games on its own.
3. Creeps at merc camps: Yes units might walk past them, but actually in "natural" ingame situations it should be unlikely to occur. And given that it is such an obvious change from the norm, players should be able to understand and not be surprised.
4. Islands: Well, players are not forced to use them, so why not? The creepspots there might benefit from more antiair abilities.
5. Gold mines with all creeps on camp stance: Nor sure if that's an oversight? Now you build towers there first before creeping the camp. Bad idea. Maybe move a creep further back and set it to non-camp. This is the only minor bug, and it also should be rather unlikely that towers being built there go unnoticed by the enemy.

In terms of layout, it's probably a rush-heavy map, which I tend to like in 4v4. My initial though was that this an improved version of Full Scale Assault.
The looks are fine too. The center looks a little boring imho, but that's a general problem with the city-style tilesets of wc3. For me, it also looks weird that it appears as if the bricks were built on top of the snow. If you change it so that the snow is on top (advanced -> modify tileset -> move snow tile to right), it might look more natural. The outer parts of the map on the other hand look very nice.

Given that 5 is the only bug, and it has mitigating factors, I dont think there is enough reason to request an update. Map approved.

Edit: One more thing: Global "heavy" snow can be obtrusive; better use only light now globally, and then add heavy snowfall to some regions only.

Level 12
@mafe
Thanks for all the feedback.
My English being bad and with the google translation, I did not understand everything on point 5: P
For all the creep in camp position, yes it's a mistake on my part, I know it though.
And thank you I just learned from you that we could decide the order of the tiles :) We learn every day. I assure you that this card is not the copy of any other, I even made his little sister in 1v1 lol. Starbuck and Krav we played on it yesterday in a show match, they said the same on the snow a little heavy oops ...
I will try to find a way to make the environment more interesting, by just putting a shop and a store, I hope for a battle of the environment. not enough