• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't open my custom map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a map I made from a couple years ago but I'm completely lost on how to open it. I've deleted anything I had before and the world editor from the latest patch doesn't open it without giving errors. Can anyone tell me how I can open this map, edit and save it without problems?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Hold The Line.w3x
    84.9 KB · Views: 22

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Looks like some kind of custom GUI was used. You will need to install/use the third party GUI modification you were using previously if you want to continue editing the map. If this is not possible you could use the old "deprotect" trick of dumping the entire map script into a vJASS trigger and then renaming duplicate functions however this does become a maintenance nightmare.

There were 2 commonly used third party GUI modifications.
  • WorldEdit Unlimited (WEU). It added some GUI hooks for native functions not normally available as actions or functions as well as some very buggy JASS third party JASS functions.
  • JNGP's UMSWE. One could turn on an enhanced GUI which added some GUI hooks for native functions not normally available as actions or functions.
Without knowing the third party GUI modification used it is near impossible to restore the GUI trigger data. This is because the binary encoding used by the GUI trigger data file depends on the GUI library loaded. Sure with some manual hacking around one might be able to infer the missing or modified GUI data but this might not be trivial and I do not know if anyone would be willing to do it.

Level 13
As Dr Super Good said, your map is using UMSWE functions, and it has 4 triggers which contain the "Trigger - Destroy" action. I still have an old version of war3, and managed to fix it with UMSWE.

Attachments

• Hold The Line.w3x
    84.6 KB · Views: 22
Level 2
As Dr Super Good said, your map is using UMSWE functions, and it has 4 triggers which contain the "Trigger - Destroy" action. I still have an old version of war3, and managed to fix it with UMSWE.
Wow thanks it does work now, sorry for slow responses (need mod approval). Do you know which triggers it was? I think I know but making sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.