• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't Host! AT&T U-Verse! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
You waited 3 hours for a response

Seeing as AT&T doesn't exist here, I'm just going to say plug the router into everything else and hope that it works

And by the way, no one knows why Battle.Net is so picky about hosters, so you're probably just unlucky now

Level 2
There is a way to host, that should work with everyone.

How to host :

• Step 1
  • Click here Portforward.com.

Step 2
  • Check your modem to see what company produces it (e.g Philips). Now check your modem type/code. On my modem for example, it has a sticky that says "Modem :" and next to it the type of modem, listed in Portforward. Click on your modem's equal type.

Step 3
  • Now, after you clicked the desired modem type, it will bring you to a list of programs that you want to portforward. Among them, on the "W" there should be Warcraft III.

NOTE: If you do not see the program you are forwarding ports for, check on top of the site where it sais "If you do not see the program you are forwarding ports for, be sure to visit our Default Guide for this router ".

Step 4
  • Now follow the guide as is in the site.

Step 5
  • I'm not 100% sure if this must be done, but i go to the firewall i use (Windows XP deafult) and open my current Warcrtaft 3 port.

Step 6
  • ENJOY HOSTING !

Level 2
Not all antiviruses/firewalls enable hosting even after them turning off.

Level 7
Alright, parts of what people have said are true. But to make sure that you can host -

Go to command prompt, type in "ipconfig" without quotes, the "Default Gateway" is the IP address of your router that you're connected to.

Type that IP into your web browser.

Type in the admin/password combination you setup, or came default by your make/model of router/hub/switch, whatever you have.

Now, go to the routing page, - go back to the ipconfig, forward ports 6112 to that IP that is specifically your current connection.

Hit apply.

Wait about 30 seconds.

Enjoy hosting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.