• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I NEED help!! i cant HOST anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
something is weird

i rebooted my computer because of a virus.... after i reinstall wc3 and now i cant host anymore....
- i have (DSL)
- i know that my FIREWALL is off
- and i have NO ROUTER (only a modem)
- My port number is (6112)

so is there a way to be able tohost like i was before??

plz someone help me!

Level 3
Thats impossible!

Have you installed XP Service Pack 2? The firewall blocked my wc3 unless i disabled it in the network configuration.

Or maybe you have reinstalled your network connection. Then the windows firewall enables it again.

I have a german windows but i try to tell u where the config is.

Network Connections -> LAN-Connection 1 -> Advanced Tab -> Internet Connection Firewall (Make sure this box is not checked)

Thats the only advice i can give you cause of the things you told i can not imagine an other problem.

Hope i helped u.

Level 5
now it works

sry for the post

i created a new connexion with a user accaunt and password (not auto connection anymore)

and wow it works..... it seems like wc3 hosting dont accept direct connexions... i cant figure why...

Level 9
because blizzard are retarded, they have to make every little thing look complicated so it makes them look better wich it doesnt, this only started since ROC came out

Status
Not open for further replies.