1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

i cant host!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by qwerty, Oct 11, 2005.

1. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    you cant host if you got LAN turned on right? when i check my connections, the LAN/High speed internet is turned on. and when i double click it, it shows that its LAN. but problem is, my computer isnt connected to the other one! its just connected to a modem! (please go easy on the computer language.)

2. Sunny_D

Sunny_D

Resources:
    Resources:
    hm... if you have broadband connection then its normal that your connection shows LAN - i have broadband and it shows LAN too and i CAN host.

now i dont know how used you are with hosting games... so i feel sorry if i give a noobish advice :wink: . so have you done the correct PORT opened in your firewall settings? if not you have to add a port (lets call him wc3) with number 6112.

thats all i can say, sry...

3. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    i already enabled port. and my port is 6110 by the way

4. Sunny_D

Sunny_D

Resources:
    Resources:
    ye there are several ports u can use. from 6110 to 6119 or something.....

and: always when i heared with LAN-hosting i always heared problems and never solutions....

But hope dies last, hehe :wink:

5. Jaronis

Jaronis

Resources:
    Resources:
    While we're talking about an inability to host, I don't have problems with LAN,assuming that's local area network, but I cannot successfully host on Bnet, does one generally wait more than ten minutes? Or is it some sort of error?

6. tuna69

tuna69

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have to open the xjc/45 connection if you have broadband.

to open it, you must open the command console and configure the network upload configurations...to say 45.54.204.24 for at least a proper mainstream data connection output that will allow you to host.

if this doesn't work, then i will fiddle with the network upload configuration settings until you arrive at the best setting.

7. Sunny_D

Sunny_D

Resources:
    Resources:
    did you opened a port like i posted above?

8. Goliath the God

Goliath the God

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    One thing, you can use ANY port for wc3, as long as you remember to change the port in options.

I could host before, when I had broadband (cable) .. and a router. Was no problem.. I only had to start a server for it to work.. a server using my specified port in both port forwading and wc3.

But now, that I've moved, and use DSL.. this doesn't work anymore. I have no router now, so it's a direct line from me to the modem-box (SpeedTouch510) to the splitter to the wall. I've tried to port forwarding my Norton, but it doesn't actually say I have a firewall.. but I got AutoProtect (No Port Forwarding availabe) and I've set Worm Protection to let wc3 trou. Any ideas?

9. Jaronis

Jaronis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I use Windows XP, (in case that's at all relevant) and I cannot find access to these ports, I'm assuming their in the control panel, but I cannot find them, under network connections there's something that says 1394 connection, in case that's any good, but it probably isn't. Sorry, I'm a bit unskilled in networking, and XP, if it changes anything, isn't helping.
    Okay, I've just tried what I'm pretty sure you're talking about, and it isn't working, It could be that I'm, from the looks of it, behind two firewalls, but I made an exception for one and turned off the other, it's still not working, I'll betcha it's really obvious and I'm just too dense to find it, I hate it when that happens, but it's not all that rare. *sigh*

10. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Someone probably already said this but ill say it to( i didnt look at above posts)

TURN UR FIREWALL OFF

11. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe it's time you read the posts before making your own judgement. first of all, allowing port is just as good as turning off firewall. and i already TRIED turning off firewall.