• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Can't hide auras \ spells in spellbook (s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi I am trying to add 2 custom abilities (Custom unholy and Custom brilliance auras) on a tower unit, using the spellbook trick to hide them, the problem is that they won't hide after I disable the spellbook from the player.

Ive noticed that if I add only one new spellbook after the dummy one, I could hide one spell but not both of them.
FYI I am trying to mimic dota tower bonuses of health and mana regen.

Changing spell ID don't seem to make any difference.

The trigger
1629721384095.png

Just for visualizing the abilities
1629721419025.png

The two auras that wont hide
1629721491639.png

The tower with the disabled spellbook along with a weird bug
1629721532098.png

Thank you in advance!

I am using an old game version 1.29.2.9208
(don't ask why, I just don't like forge)

Level 5
I am not sure how to hide the status icons, but you can hide the icon on the right with this technique. I am not sure if it will work on your version number though.
Thank you for the fast reply, I think that ability icon will go away if I get the spellbook work correctly, tbh I don't care if the tower shows that icon, since the owner will be a computer player, I figured that somebody might be interested about bugs like that so I included it any way.

Hi I am trying to add 2 custom abilities (Custom unholy and Custom brilliance auras) on a tower unit, using the spellbook trick to hide them, the problem is that they won't hide after I disable the spellbook from the player.

Ive noticed that if I add only one new spellbook after the dummy one, I could hide one spell but not both of them.
FYI I am trying to mimic dota tower bonuses of health and mana regen.

Changing spell ID don't seem to make any difference.

The trigger
View attachment 385671

Just for visualizing the abilities
View attachment 385672
The two auras that wont hide
View attachment 385673
The tower with the disabled spellbook along with a weird bug
View attachment 385674
Thank you in advance!

I am using an old game version 1.29.2.9208
(don't ask why, I just don't like forge)
So, you want to remove/hide the buffs on the nearby units (but want them to be effected by the auras)?
And don't really care about ability being shown?

If don't care about ability being shown, then you don't need spellbook at all.

Level 5
So, you want to remove/hide the buffs on the nearby units (but want them to be effected by the auras)?
And don't really care about ability being shown?

If don't care about ability being shown, then you don't need spellbook at all.
Yes, as you said, I want to hide the aura status on the units that are effected by the providing aura unit (in my case an allied computer tower).
I will be happy to hear about the solution you mentioned on how to hide the buff status on the units.

Yes, as you said, I want to hide the aura status on the units that are effected by the providing aura unit (in my case an allied computer tower).
I will be happy to hear about the solution you mentioned on how to hide the buff status on the units.
I didn't really have a solution in mind.

The easy, "low-tech solution" is to change icon to "Textures\Black32.blp" of the buffs and set "Text - Tooltip" to " " (single space) and no description.

The harder, "higher-tech solution is to not use an aura and instead trigger the effects of the aura using this technique:
If you have these 2 systems:

What you would do is to have an actual invisible buff, and give bonuses using the New Bonus that you "connect" to that buff for each tower within the range.

1629738330875.png

Status
Not open for further replies.