• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding passive skill (into spellbook) by activating dummy skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, is there any way to add an aura skill to a hidden spellbook by activating a dummy ability like immolation that deals no damage? And after disabling the 'immolation' the aura is removed?
I'm currently basing the dummy skill of immolation but it aint working. Is there a way to have this work? Not sure what I'm doing wrong can someone please recommend me a confirmed working way to do this?

Oh and how to hide a spellbook?

Ah... wish I discovered spellbooks earlier. This may really solve my problems.

Level 12
Hi, is there any way to add an aura skill to a hidden spellbook by activating a dummy ability like immolation that deals no damage? And after disabling the 'immolation' the aura is removed?
I'm currently basing the dummy skill of immolation but it aint working. Is there a way to have this work? Not sure what I'm doing wrong can someone please recommend me a confirmed working way to do this?

Oh and how to hide a spellbook?

Ah... wish I discovered spellbooks earlier. This may really solve my problems.

Using immolation is a valid way.
But keep in mind that to detect deactivation you need to use orders.
You hide a spell book you disable it as an ability with triggers - like on map initialization Player - disable ability for player

Level 8
It's like this:

• Blah
    • Event
      • Unit is issued an order with no target
    • Condition
      • (Issued order) is equal to String("immolation")
    • Event
      • Give Aura to triggering unit

Level 12
Just a question, if you run out of mana when using immolation, has the 'unimmolation' order been issued or not?

Would checking that, take you longer than posting here.

Just to be precise:
  • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))

Level 8
Nice necroposting^^

There is a ncie tutorial about spellbooks.
Spellbooks

Basicly, to add abilities to a spellbook you need to have another spellbook (with the ability you wish to add) that shares the same Base Order ID. If you then add that second spellbook to the unit, the ability will appear in the first spellbook because they share the same Base Order ID.

To remove you just remove the second spellbook.

Level 10
Erm sorry I don't really get this, is there a working map with this I could look at?
Can you explain base order IDs and how to add it to spellbook via trigger? Because I don't want to have my hero clicking on a spell within a spellbook to add in a spell in another spellbook... defeats the entire purpose.
The aim is when a spell is activated as normal I want to turn on an additional effect.

-------------
Now, create a new spellbook(we call it shockwave Adition) with the same Base order id as the previous one, and put the shockwave ability into the newly created spellbook.

Disable the Shockwave Adition ability
Player - Disable Shockwave Adition for Player 1 (Red)
// do this for all players ofcourse.

Create a new trigger that looks like this:
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Shockwave
(Level of Shockwave for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 1
Actions
Unit - Remove Shockwave from (Triggering unit)
Unit - Add Shockwave Adition (Triggering unit)
And one more important thing.
for heroes with morphing skills, make the shockwave ability and shockwave adition ability permanent for the unit.

After you've done this it should work perfectly, as long as you do this for Every spell which should be transfered.
--------------------
This I dont understand

Level 8
Base Order ID is a data field for the spell in the object editor. Any spellbooks that share the same Base Order ID will act as 1 spellbook.

EDIT: This means that if you already have a spellbook on a unit and you add a new spellbook that has the same Base Order ID, the spells in the second spellbook will appear in the first spellbook.

"The aim is when a spell is activated as normal I want to turn on an additional effect."

Do you have already a spellbook active? Tell me what and where exactly you want a new ability.

EDIT: Ah ok I read your original post. So just make a new spellbook with the aura and make sure it has the same Base Order ID as the spellbook you already use. Make sure the spellbook is disabled for the player/s then just add it through trigger when you want to e.g. when unit begins effects of your dummy ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.