• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't find downloaded maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey y'all.

Got sort of a noob question here. I've downloaded many different maps and put them in wc3/maps but when i enter Wc3 (LAN) I cant find it/host it. Same goes with alot of maps. I got the wc3 map under Computer - Documents - WC3.

What am I doing wrong? Some maps work, some does not. Oh and I assume its for Reign of chaos, not FT.

Also, sorry if i put this in the wrong section.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Since a recent patch, maps are actually stored in a user-specific folder instead of inside the program folder. Take a look in:
C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Warcraft III

But I believe that is only for Frozen Throne. As Reign of Chaos is unsupported (? CC: @Kam) maybe you must still put them in C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps.

Another problem could be that only .w3m files actually work in RoC and any w3x are for Frozen Throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.