• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

reign of chaos=not downloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
You what's really annoying? You make a really good map but it's reign of chaos so it doesn't get a single download. No one wants to try a reign of chaos map cause that automatically makes it bad... What's that about? If I made one difference(say I put the a frozen throne title screen) people would download it. But I dunno if I should do that it seems a bit stupid(should i anyway though?) It's like this. My first map I put online was reign of chaos because I didn't have frozen throne at the time. Would you download it if you knew where it was? give me your opinion. Also, if you want the link I can give it to you. If a mod reads this and there's a better forum-i'm new here-move it I guess cause there's no point in having the thread in the wrong forum. So please give me your opinions on this little topic I'd like to hear this.

Level 9
The problem with Reign Of Chaos maps is that they have simple triggers, units can be customized only slightly, and there aren't custom abilities. Furthermore, you have to play them online with Reign of Chaos, and this implies a smaller community, and not being able to play with your TFT friends without making them re-join with a RoC account.

Changing the title screen won't help, I'm afraid: in this community most of the people enjoy the great and various features of the editor of the Expansion. The title screen won't trick them. Though you could put just a Spellbreaker in it to make it a TFT map. Maybe then people will think they're getting a highly customized Expansion map even if it was just an almost standard RoC map.

No the title screen means that it turns into a tft map. But w/e. Anyway the map never actually need TFT really it displays amazing storyline and wonderful ability that the single player games almost never portray in ROC. Usually, games like that don't appear. But, it's sequels will be TFT rather than ROC. I'm worried that people might play the sequels without playing the prequel. I guess I could make a link to it. But the game's intrigue belies the game it was made from. Right now I'm working on the sequel path to hell.(In which you have to kill satan but I'm not getting into that so don't judge the game on it) That game will be TFT I suppose by that point my game will get more views due to the link I will put in the info. That way, people don't have to not know exactly what's going on. Hopefully, people will like my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.