1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cannot test map

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by nerdcafe, Sep 11, 2018.

1. nerdcafe

nerdcafe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use warcraft 3 ptr v1.30.1. I can open warcraft III.exe just fine but when I test map (any new map) I received this error: "Error executing file D:\Games\Warcraft III Public Test\Warcraft III.exe." Any help? Thanks.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    By test map do you mean through the editor's Test Map function? If yes, try changing the path in file->preferences to blank or something else.

3. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:
    My PTR 1.30.1.10151 was working fine until the Windows 10 Version 1803 - Build KB4457128 update.

That Windows 10 Version 1803 - Build KB4457128 was released today on the 11th of September 2018 and coincidentally, the PTR stopped working right after downloading that new Window's build.
    It says there is an error "0" and there is absolutely no way to open the application anymore.

4. nerdcafe

nerdcafe

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is no path in 'Test Map' under Preferences. I got an earlier version of Warcraft 3 and it works. Only the ptr version I have problem with. Any ideas?

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have this written in the Copied Map File rubric: Maps.

6. nerdcafe

nerdcafe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand. Can you teach me how to do it?

7. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @opium911: Maybe KB4456655 has been re-issued on September 12? or maybe not?
    Microsoft Update Catalog: One patch dropped, Win10 1803 SSU re-issued @ AskWoody

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Assuming you're referring to the World Editor's Test Map function:
    TestMapEditor01.png TestMapEditor02.png

9. nerdcafe

nerdcafe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope. It doesn't work. Still the same error. I guess it has to do with Warcraft III.exe. Any idea?

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe there's some registry error. Maybe you should delete everything related to the PTR and reinstall? Did you try repairing the game by the way?

11. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @opium911: is there any additional explicative text with that error code (0)?