• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Cannot open campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been working on a new custom campaign, and I'm really hoping to actually finnish this project and have been putting a lot of work into it lately, but when I sat down to work on it today, I can't open it? :vw_wtf:

When I open the campaign editor, and try to open the Campaign, nothing happens.. I've tried opening other campaigns I've downloaded or the demo campaign, and that works fine. Any ideas?

I'm really hoping I don't have to start all over on the whole thing.. Done quite a big already..

If it's of any interest, the campaign is about The Second War, and I'm really trying to use as much lore as I can, and get it correct lore-wise :thumbs_up:

Please help... :sad:

Attachments

• TheSecondWar.w3n
    6.3 MB · Views: 44
Level 5
No, I haven't protected them in any way :bored: I have no idea what happened.. I just saved the campaign like I always do before I went to bed last night, then I got up this morning and all of a sudden the damn thing wouldn't open :sad:

edit: I've got the maps, but at the same time.. not.. 'Cause when I make a campaign I always open the campaign first, then right-click and "edit map" on the map I'm gonna continue working on. So all I have is maps with 5% terraining done, and that's it. In the campaign however, I've got almost finished terrain, triggers, units..etc.

Level 5
Yeah, I should have.. Just so strange though, worked fine last night, and I haven't really been doing much else but making terrain for the last days..

Would you be a doll and try downloading and opening the campaign..? Just curious to if the problem is with my software/computer/version of Warcraft :)

Level 5
I thought I had it attached to the original post..? I can re-upload it if you can't find it?
Check the bottom of the first post.

Level 25
Yes, it seems you did something wrong (maybe when saving the campaign or something), because it is corrupted - I can't even open it in other programs to just extract your maps.

So it's either corrupted or protected (if it's possible to protect it like that).

Level 5
hmm.. I just don't understand how this could have happened.. :eekani:
I'm 100% sure I saved it like I always do, then I closed the campaign editor, then the world editor itself.

However.. my computer did freeze/take an awful long time to shut down afterwards, so after waiting a few minutes I held down the power button to shut it down immediately. Perhaps this was the problem..? :hohum:

Thanks a lot for the help anyway.. suppose I'll just have to start over.. And maybe I can get a demo-map out soon..

However.. my computer did freeze/take an awful long time to shut down afterwards, so after waiting a few minutes I held down the power button to shut it down immediately. Perhaps this was the problem..?

Most probably. You would have to wait next time. It may have corrupted multitudes of files.

Status
Not open for further replies.