• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot find maps in game while maps are in Maps folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi I've run into issue
If you look at pictures I have the maps in map folder normally but entering the game and try to host it I cannot see chapter 2 and almost every chapter in Undead

For most Humans chapter I was able to fix that by changing .w3x to .w3m

but with others I wasn't so lucky - Any idea how to fix that? Thanks in advance

I'm running version 1.26 Czech

Things I have to tried:
-Changing .w3x to .w3m via versa
-updating to 1.27
-ReInstalling the game

Attachments

• picture 1.png
    picture 1.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 279
  • picture 2.png
    picture 2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 308
Level 1
Is it possible to somehow save them in 1.26? I cannot upgrade more then 1.27 due to my Czech Version

also weren't the maps tested on 1.26? or is it outdated?

Last edited:
Level 19
The 1.27+ updates were mostly bugfixes for patch related problems, though I agree it is a bit misleading. I didn't think they won't work on previous versions.

If you want to give it a try - you can open any of the maps and just hit save. I think only some of the ROC NE ones use vjass byt none of them use any new natives or content, afaik.

Level 1
Coming with an Update

1.27 is the same as 1.26 so I guess you need 1.31 version to get it working which is sad - I don't want to download 30 GB

also I'm not sure what you mean by "save" since I cannot open the map (not even in World Editor)
of course the maps I'm able to play can open but others I cannot

Last edited:
Level 19
I'll install an older version of Wc3 and take a look at it - iirc, if you try to load a map with an older version of the editor it only shows you a warning at the beginning but should load fine in this case.
Also, I meant 1.30, not 1.31 since I haven't done anything in Reforged. Edit: Nvm, 1.31 is pre-reforged.
Edit2: Okay, it seems that maps saved in 1.31 (maybe 1.30?) cannot be loaded by older versions for some reason, which is bad news. I'll research on whether that can be reversed but for now the only solution is to upgrade to 1.31.

Last edited:
Level 18
I'll install an older version of Wc3 and take a look at it - iirc, if you try to load a map with an older version of the editor it only shows you a warning at the beginning but should load fine in this case.
Also, I meant 1.30, not 1.31 since I haven't done anything in Reforged. Edit: Nvm, 1.31 is pre-reforged.
Edit2: Okay, it seems that maps saved in 1.31 (maybe 1.30?) cannot be loaded by older versions for some reason, which is bad news. I'll research on whether that can be reversed but for now the only solution is to upgrade to 1.31.
File format for war3map.w3i changed in patch 1.31, you should be able to edit it though to work older versions.

Level 1
I have the same problem on 1.26 but we after copying them and pasting in all folders mission 6 and 7 showed finally to me so it is very strange how it works. Can anyone confirm that you can only play it on newer patch? Or is there a fix to paly it on 1.26?

Level 19
@Drake53 Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can find the old format?
I assume the one used in HiveWE is up to date but wc3c is down, and I can't find anything on the Hive
Edit: Nvm, I found: Guide - Explanation of W3M and W3X Files

@TheQamillo Undead 6 & 7 are expected to work. The only maps that were updated after 1.30 was released are: Human 2, Undead 1-5 & 8 and Orc 6. All of them were updated at the same time, so it should affect all of them (you can notice it in the screenshot that Dejw provided).

Last edited:
Level 19
I thought everyone had to use the new reforged client to play online now?
or would this be for LAN play?
It's mostly because there is no client for some languages beyond ~1.27, for some reason
Other than that - it isn't a problem for 1.31+ players.

I'll probably just add the old version of each map to the bundle with fixes backported, for those who play on older patches.

Level 1
It's mostly because there is no client for some languages beyond ~1.27, for some reason
Other than that - it isn't a problem for 1.31+ players.

I'll probably just add the old version of each map to the bundle with fixes backported, for those who play on older patches.

That would be great. I would be very glad. Tell me when you finish.

Level 19
@TheQamillo it seems that apart from the orc mission, all of them contain only patch-related changes. I attached a zip with both versions of all relevant maps.
You should be able to see all the maps in 1.26 folders, but not 1.31.

If they work, then I'll add them to their bundles. I'll have to check what the changes to 2.03 of Undead 02 were before I do that one, since the Hive resource seems to be bugged

Level 1
i can see
@TheQamillo it seems that apart from the orc mission, all of them contain only patch-related changes. I attached a zip with both versions of all relevant maps.
You should be able to see all the maps in 1.26 folders, but not 1.31.

If they work, then I'll add them to their bundles. I'll have to check what the changes to 2.03 of Undead 02 were before I do that one, since the Hive resource seems to be bugged

now i can see the undead maps on my world editor and war 3 and play with my wife xD ... thx mann! I ll give a try and comment here if i find some bugs o/

Level 19
Hey @Gismo359 question
Why does the pack you provided only contains like 10 maps? (Human10,Orc06,Undead01-08)

Is it for testing?

Yes, I just wanted to make sure they work before I add them to their bundles.

i can see

now i can see the undead maps on my world editor and war 3 and play with my wife xD ... thx mann! I ll give a try and comment here if i find some bugs o/

Nice, I'll take a look at them again when I get on a PC, then I'll update the resources.

EDIT: @Dejw136 I actually just noticed that I added Human 10 instead of Human 2. What's weird is that, apparently, I never updated it back in november, for some reason.
Again, I attached a zip with all relevant maps - you should be able to see the maps in the 1.26 folders but not in 1.31.
I backported the crashfix in Human 02 and the modified AI in Orc 06, but the rest should be pretty much the same as the old ones.
I'll update the resources some time tomorrow, in case there is something wrong with these ones.
EDIT2: The 1.26 maps are already uploaded in their respective resources - I forgot to mention that when I updated them but I'll leave them here for a bit longer since there are no other updates regarding them

Attachments

• Maps.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Level 1
Yes, I just wanted to make sure they work before I add them to their bundles.

Nice, I'll take a look at them again when I get on a PC, then I'll update the resources.

EDIT: @Dejw136 I actually just noticed that I added Human 10 instead of Human 2. What's weird is that, apparently, I never updated it back in november, for some reason.
Again, I attached a zip with all relevant maps - you should be able to see the maps in the 1.26 folders but not in 1.31.
I backported the crashfix in Human 02 and the modified AI in Orc 06, but the rest should be pretty much the same as the old ones.
I'll update the resources some time tomorrow, in case there is something wrong with these ones.

Thanks a lot mate. You are great. Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.