• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannibalize at full health?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey there!

I have based a spell off of cannibalize, but I need to be able to use it while the unit is at any health, even if it is at full. Is there any way to do this? I have looked through gameplay constants but I couldn't see anything related to it... any ideas?

Cheers!

Level 5
I did add that to the maybe list in my mind, but it would look a bit weird to always be 1 under full health, especially when the units heath is displayed in a multiboard :L

Level 5
Base it off of an ability named Channel, search for it in Object Editor.

But the ability is supposed to act exactly like cannibalize... I wasn't basing it off cannibalize for the hell of it, of course I would base a spell off of channel if I were making a custom spell, but I didn't think it was worth triggering an entirely custom spell to act like cannibalize (minus the full health requirement) when I could just use the base spell itself :L

Level 5
I played around with using such abilities, but in the end I went with your first idea of triggering the unit to always be 1 health below max, and in practice it doesn't look too bad :L Thank you!

Level 14
Here you go. Use canniblaze as base ability. Simply check if there are any corpses near the unit that has canniblaze. If there are, then set the caster's health to health of caster - 1 (if the health is full), as ruleofnire99 said. It's simple.

You can also do this. Pick all units that have canniblaze. Add them to a trigger with event (Unit - Picked Unit's life becomes 100.00%). Actions : set life of triggering unit = life of unit -1

Status
Not open for further replies.