• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make a Heros Corpse last for Cannibalism/Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys!

First of all: Big thanks for always solving my problems, i hurry to enhance my skills, so i can return the favor!

But at the moment, i am stuck:
I created a turn based Hero-Arena. And I want that the corpses of killed Units stay on the ground so they can be used for cannibal-ability and raise skeletons and stuff like that.
No matter what i changed, the dead Hero kept fading without leaving a corpse. Any Idea?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You could try un-hiding the hero's corpse and moving it back to where it died from the corner of the map (where all dead heroes are placed until revived or removed).

If that fails, make a dummy corpse by creating a regular unit (non-hero) with the same hero graphics and killing that.

If corpses persist for a long time you might need to limit their number in case no player is using them to prevent performance problems.

Level 25
I'm not sure they can stay, because:
- each normal unit model has a "Decay" animation. Dead units play this animation
- hero units have usually don't have decay animation but dissipate animation. This animation is the body going up in the air and fading out.

The thing you could do is create a normal unit (I'll call it dummy) with same unit model as hero. Do this for each hero.
Change each hero's Combat - Death Type to "Can't raise, does not decay" and Art - Death Time to 0 seconds.
Change dummy's field to "can't raise, does decay".

Then make a trigger when a hero dies, create dummy in his place and kill it.

The cons for this is that you will need to set in initialization trigger which dummy unit spawns for which hero and also that you will need 1 dummy unit for each hero. So if you have 40 heroes, you will need to make 40 dummy units.

Status
Not open for further replies.