• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can we create a password in the map using world editor? And what are the needs of....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I'm here to ask something.. Can I know can we make password or a security pass in our map using world editor? Like they need a password or something before they play the map. Need some feedbacks please.

Secondly can anyone please tell me, what tools must i have to make a warcraft mod? Like War of Corruption and Goblin and Firelords.

StyxaneZ

Level 9
*EDITED*
Sorry i read your post wrong, you can create an in game password by asking the player to type the password as a normal chat msg, you then use get Entered Chat Msg to compare it to your password. If its wrong defeat all players and if its right run you initilization trigger.

Last edited:
Level 7
*EDITED*
Sorry i read your post wrong, you can create an in game password by asking the player to type the password as a normal chat msg, you then use get Entered Chat Msg to compare it to your password. If its wrong defeat all players and if its right run you initilization trigger.

Ohhh............can you please teach me how to do the im game password? I uld like to learn and know. Then what are the tools that needed to make a warcraft mod? Can you or anyone please tell me?

Level 12
Event: Player (Whatever) types a chat message containing (Text) as (an Exact Match)

Conditions: ( You really don't need these)

Actions: Run (Your Map Initialization Triggers)

You may need to make multiple run trigger actions for all of your map initialization stuff.

Level 6
*EDITED*
Well actually, if the map isn't protected someone can open it in WE and find the trigger with the password in it.

Level 13
Ok. First off if you want to add a password to your map you should write a trigger similar to the following:

• Event: Map Initilization
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:Game Display to all players the text "Please enter Password"
  • Wait Until (VarPass) equal to (last entered chat string)
  • Trigger - Run Initilization (ignoring conditions)
Also, for this to work you will need to create a variable named 'VarPass' with the type 'String'

As for creating a mod, its kinda useless. All it really does is sets up a type of macro that opens up your game for you. If your really interested in creating one you should try to learn some programming language such as VB or Java (not javascript but java, javascript is used for web applets)

Level 2
I say do a trigger sort of like this.
events - player 1 (red) types a chat message containing (password) as an exact match
actions - set (variable) = (variable) + 1. (variable would be an integer)

then another trigger,
events - elapsed game time is 15 seconds

actions - create one Archimonde at center of playable map area.
wait 0.01 seconds
create one (item) at location of (last created unit)
wait 0.01 seconds unit - order unit to attack (last created item)

make sure you give archimdone frostbreath, and the item more health than archimonde;s damage, or archimdone less damage than the health of the item. When a unit with frostbreath attacks and item, the game crashes ^^
So this makes it so you have 15 secodns to type the password or the game crashes. That makes it so you cant play it signle player either, because you cant use itvexesme and strengthandhonor cheats to stop from victory or defeat ending the game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.