• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can u imagine a superb hero?? Do it here!! + RPG POLL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So here's te deal... i'm making new RPG, but i'm deffinitely lacking of hero ideas because i want to make this an action based map, when you go pushing people arund, bull rushing ere and tere making things explode, gathering dead people souls and stuff like that...

Hi everyone

I just started a new RPG. I know everybodfy says "it's something you have never seen" and then you have a footman running after some gnolls lost in a forest and then he gots his ass kicked by some level 25 moster who came out of nowhere. So, I'll say nothing, maybe you have seen this RPG style before, but I want it to be very enjoyable in playability and visuals (spells, enviroment, etc). I'm trying to use the more JASS as possible

I've been working in some heroes, but i need more to start bringing up the bad guys. Here's what i got

MASTER OF SOMETHING (Based on Jaina)
-----------------------------------

ICE SHARDS: Kind of a manual blizzard. You have to aim each shard with the right muse button... very funny to cast

DISCHARGE: Magic explosion around the wizard. In case you got surrounded by bad guys (A wizard usually don't fight in the middle of a massacre)

PRISSION CELL: A small number of enemies is caught within magical energies for a short period of time. Looks very nice

CONFUSE: Cast on an enemy, it will attack it's allies until the spell is over or he is attacked by a player (kind of useful against the ensnarer trolls)

MAGE ARMOR: Natural Ability... it's mana shield

BARBARIAN (based obviously on Rexxar)
-------------------------------------

BLOODTHIRST: As he kills enemies he gains a small percentage of their life. The percentage is greater if the barbarian is enraged

POWER ATTACK: Spend mana in each attack for more damage.

CHARGE: Runs in a line. Whoever stands in he's way is stunned and damaged. The damage is proportional to the babarian's Strenght and the distance he ran

RAGE: As in D&D He gains additional life (max life too) and becomes a faster attacker. WHen the rage ends he loses the bonus life (and max life) and becomes fatigued (slowed). While fatigued charge is disabled

MIGHTY STRENGHT: Natural Ability. Each point raises the Barbarians strenght

NINJA: (I'm thinking of using a model made by Black_Stan... hope he likes the idea :S)
----------------------------------------

DEADLY BLOW: He jumps and rolls in the air landing near the target and slashing the *** out of him (looks nice... just a little collision problem by now)

SHUIKEN: Throws a shuriken. Useful when slowed/ensnarred

MELD IN SHADOWS: Natural ability. He becomes invisible and slower. He has backstab (more damage when breaking invisibility with an attack)

NECROMANCER: (Based, for now, on Furion ... wtf?)
------------------------------------------------

RAISE UNDEAD ARCHER: Need explanaition?

UGLY EVIL RAY: Shoots a ray of negative energy. If cast on an undead archer, it will make him explode damaging everyone around him.

REWARD: Summons te souls of the fallen in battle... each soul recovers his HP and mana points

LEECHES: Natural Ability. Like locust swarm. It throws slow worms and then they come back with extra HP

As you could see there is something called Natural Ability. It's a bonus ability heroes get at first level and behaves like another hero ability.

The reason i'm posting this is because i need ideas. The Ninja is incomplete and the necromancer too. I need at least 6 or 8 more heroes.

If you have any idea of a hero that might be worth playing, as well as his abilities.. please post them here... i'll make everything I can...

Well... if you read this... thanks for reading everything above

I got three from a previous hero idea thread

You can adjust how you like.

Name: Bishop

Spells:

Holy aura
Gives an aura that increases health and mana recovery by +5% per level and increaing defence by 0.5 per level of all allied units in an area of 800
Passive

Ultimate Heal
Works like heal, increasing in mana cist by 10 each level, cooldown by 1 second each level, and hp healed by 50 each level.

Chain of divinity
A bouncing divine shield that lasts for 20 seconds. however, movement is hindered. Increases movement speed by 5% starting at 20% of normal movement speed.

Divine blessing
Heals all units in an area of 400 by 200 per level

Ultimate:

Slayer
Gives a 10% chance to ohko an undead unit (does not work on bosses) and gives +20% extra damage vs undead.

Or...

Name: Heretic

Bio: An evil healer turned corrupt. He revived the Zombie overlord in hopes of gaining the ancient heros power for (insert main villain here), serving his master well.

Spells:

Dark Aura
Same as holy aura, except with +2 damage instead of +0.5 armor.
Passive

Conversion
Uses dark magic to completely corrupt a unit, turning him to the heretics command.
Cast time: 3 seconds
Missle can miss
Missle speed: 300
Can only target units
Mana cost: 135

Unholy healing
Heals +300 hp to any undead per level
deals half that amount to humans

Resurrect undead
Brings back 12 corpses as any undead unit for 20 seconds. Works like raise dead

Ultimate:
Black storm

A whole map targeting move. Turns whole map to night time, and causes a map wide rain storm. Deals 200 damage to all hostile units, heals undeads 300, and slows all enemy units. Does not harm buildings.

Obtain at level 20+ (its just to powerful to be any lower...)

Name: Zombie Overlord

Stats:
Starting Strength: 34
Starting intelligence: 18
Starting Agility: 8

Stat growths:

Strength Per level: +3.25
Intelligence Per level: +1.40
Agility Per level: +2.05

Model: Blood fiend
Found at:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&ID=528&sid=

Tint:
Red: 50
Blue: 0
Green: 10
Icon: Armored felguard
Found at:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Icons&ID=8439&sid=

Abilities:

Combat skill.
Discription: Foremerly a Great felguard, the Zombie overlord now is all but great. He has some skill left, but just enough to kieep him in the fray.
Gives 5% chance for 3x damage, up to 15%
Gives 8% chance to avoid, up to 24%
Gives 8 to str each level.
Gives 2 to agi each level.

Might of the undead.
The zombie overlord strike with huge force, dealing +2 damage each level and spreading 15% extra cleaving attack, up to 90% splash. Also gives unholy aura.

Unholy Plight
Uses dark magic to heal the undead unit by +150 each level, damaging a living unit by 100 damage per level.
Cooldown: 15 secs
Mana: 65

Revive comrades.
Seeing all the fallen soldiers, the overlord can raise +1 demon each level (your choice of one, usually in my maps an overlord)
Cooldown: 20secs
Mana: 85 (isn't that raise dead cost?)

Ultimate ability: Depends...

choice 1:
Corrupt.
Works like death and decay, with 10% of all hp and for only enough time to deal that 10% of max hp.
Cooldown: 2 min
Mana: 200

Choice 2: Umtimate endurance.
Effects: Gives +55 permanent strength

Note: These are just Ideas. You can change them in any way if you want. Just wanted to help.

Level 4
Hey Matt540, thanks a lot. It's cool to know there is people out there willing to help

I like your ideas pretty much, though I don't think the Bishop would fit. I forgot to explain it's a 3 players rpg. Think of it as something like Golden Axe. A healer of such power would be great leading an army, and the ammount of units controlled by each player will be very low to keep things moving around the hero.

About the heretic I'll take the conversion idea. It will be kind of a ultimate, since it's just like killing a creep. I could base it on charm and then trigger a unit replacement, let's say, with a zombie, or something like that.

And with black storm, it would be pretty cool and pretty visual too... i'll think about something there.

Also, about the ammoun of damage for each spell, i'll take them all lowered, since the toughest hero, the barbarian, at 1st level has only 40 HP

I'm thinking about hanging the map so you can download it and test the abilities, so you can get the ideas better and give some feedback... but i don't know how to upload it... and... it's in SPANISH... :$ i'll translate it later

Thank you anyways; i'll see to include those ideas on the map and give you credit

Level 4
Mage of Storms:

Starting Health: (no clue, whatever fits in :))
Strength: 8+2
Agility: 12+1
Intelligence: 26+3
Starting Mana: (again, whatever fits in)

Spells:

Gust of Wind: Moves units near the Mage of Storms away from him dealing very minor damage, damage dealt and distance units moved increased with level.

Bring Forth Lightning: A channeled spell that casts on a single unit dealing medium damage until the caster stops casting it or runs out of mana. (It's basically a bunch of little lightning things, like heal but with damage and lightning.) Mana cost and damage increase slightly with level, at higher levels purge buff is added to the target.

Energy Channeling: A passive ability that grants the Mage of Storms increased speed and mana regeneration with each level. At higher levels, units around the Mage of Storms gain slight mana regeneration as well.

Forked Lightning: Hits multiple units with lightning, damaging each one with medium damage. In addition, it has relatively low cooldown and adds the purge buff to the units it hits. Purge duration increases each level. Cooldown and mana cost decrease each level. Damage increases slightly with level. (Ultimate)

Well, this was meant to be used with the Storm model (the panda), but if you want to use anything else, that's fine.

Level 4
Ok, Xander... here's what is in the map right now about the Storm Mage:

Storm Mage:

Stats not set yet

Spells:

Gust of Wind: Pushes away nearby enemies, dealing minor damage. At higher spell levels it increases damage and push speed. It also reduces targets movement rate for a few seconds. At even higher levels it stuns targets instead of slowing them down. (Excelent escape ability)

Electrify Electrically charges a target, making it move slowly for 8-12 seconds. At higher levels it deals small damage over time. At even higher levels it bounds enemies to the ground. Low Cooldown

Discharge Channeled spell cast on a single unit dealing damage until caster stops casting it. Lightning jumps to any electrified unit near the target, dealing little damage. Damage is increased with each level

Stormcall -Removed from the Master of Something - Calls three blizzard shards fall from the sky at specified positions. At higher spell levels Lightning bolts hit the ground at random points around the caster. At even higher spell levels any unit that comes close to the caster is hit by a lightning bolt and becomes "electrified" (just the buff... no damage nor slowing or binding)

Level 4
hehe

Name/Class: Ex Nihilo
Abilities:
Enigma - Creates a shroud of darkness that renders enemies in a radius of 400 blind for a limited period of time. Starts at 3 seconds and increases by 2 per level. Mana cost is whatever yous ee fit but cool down is around 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on max time (or even level if you prefer it that way).

Abyss - Abyss tears the soul of a target unit from it's body, slowly restoring the mental energies of Ex Nihilo and draining the mana energies of the unit, the victim is unable to move and it has a 5% chance of killing a non-boss unit instantly. Lasts 10 seconds, amount of mana restored per second increases per level.

Redeemer - Ex Nihilo cast forth a ray of energy which is comprised of his own life force, dealing (necessary) damage to himself upon casting. This force will strike a target and a number of nearby enemies, dealing 100 damage to each target and restoring Ex Nihilo's health by 15 per hit. Number of targets increase with level, starts at 4 targets and increases by 1 or 2 per level, depending on how many ability levels there will be.

Rend - Ex Nihilo is rendered invisible for a short period of time, disappearing from view only to appear behind a random nearby enemy, dealing severe damage. Rend is an extremely strenuous ability and as such drains the physical strength of Ex Nihilo for a breif period of time. Damage dealt increases per level. (Upon finishing the attack on the enemy, Ex Nihilo's base damage is reduced by 50% for 20 seconds.)

Ultimate:
Sinistar - Ex Nihilo is split into two duplicates, left and right. The right side is resistant to physical damage and deals a large amount of damage but weak to magic attacks whilst the left side is resistant to magic, has a ranged attack and multiple base element spells at it's disposal(Fire, lightning, ice etc.)but takes severe damage from physical attacks. Ex Nihilo will reform after 60 seconds and his health will depend on what side survives. If left side survives then Ex Nihilo will respawn with 50% of his base health, if the right side survives Ex Nihilo will repsawn with 80% of hsi base health and no mana. If both sides survive Ex Nihilo will respawn with 80% of his base health and mana.

Inspiration: I like Ex Nihilo, it's latin for "From nothing" or sometimes "Originates from nothing"

Level 4
Thank you all guys for the ideas... right now i'm working on them and on a mini version of the rpg map. I have almost everything translated from Spanish to English, so as soon as I have these few ideas finished, i'll upload so you can test it and tell me if the heroes you inspired are ok, or at least playable and fun and what's to improve.

Thank you again... More ideas will be also appreciated.

And don't worry about credits... each hero will have the inspirer's name and that will be reminded in the loading screen.

Level 7
Harpy Lord

Screech (Requires 2 or 3 dummy units)

Launches 3 consecutive (banshee attack art) ''Impales'' that stun for .05 seconds. (.05 second intervals in between each ''impale''. Channeling.

Seed of Chaos (Based off of flamestrike but no ''channeling to it'')(If you can remove the channeling that is)

Targets a small/medium area with a seed. After 2 seconds a dark explosion effects it. It keeps burning for a few seconds afterwards.

Doomed Future (Based off of poison dagger)( Set duration to 5.01 and intervals of dmg 5.00)

Curses a target with a doomed future. The target is very frightful so loses 10% of his attack and movement speeds. In 5 seconds immense pain strikes the target.

Ultimate: Terror Inspiring (Based off endurance and tornado aura.)

The enemies of the harpy are very frightened of her; having 15% reduced attack speeds. Meanwhile, allies are well lead by her and consequently gain 15% attack speed. (Use a trigger to give her both a tornado aura and endurance aura when she gets the ability.)

And that is my idea of a hero. (Hero ideas are geting scant with dota around and all...) It might require just a bit of trigger work but im sure you can handle it :). U can also change many things to make it balanced. (Speeds of doomed fututre...duration...%of Terror inspiring...yadayada) SO i hope you like this hero :).

Status
Not open for further replies.