• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can Someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Can Someone help me here on world editor to use triggers i'm just new to this world editor and i don't understand most of the triggers. I'm making my first map using most of the hive's models and I am trying to do the best I can. I hope it's not embarrassing for you guys.:vw_wtf:

MERGED:

Can Someone help me here on world editor to use triggers i'm just new to this world editor and i don't understand most of the triggers. I'm making my first map using most of the hive's models and I am trying to do the best I can. I hope it's not embarrassing for you guys.:vw_wtf: ? I wanted to do the best I can even though I am just a 12 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
I_m12YearsOld.jpg

For some reason I found this really fitting :)

Don't worry to ask people around here for things you do not know, they will guide you and help you. Just don't be vague about what you need help with.

Level 20
I mean really; the Trigger Editor lets you control almost every aspect of the game, so at first learning it would be very hard. But in time you will get used to it.

Of course you're not going to be able to master every part of the Trigger Editor in like, let's say a month or two, but you will be able to be a great coder once you have.

Remember it's not a necessity to be able to use and understand every action and function the Trigger Editor has every time you use the World Editor, so don't go off trying to use every action in one map. But in some cases (though I have yet to see it) you might just need to use every action, but that's very unlikely.

You may also want to start with the basics, like making texts appear in-game, or making units move from point to point. Then at some point in time you might have to explore the Trigger Editor to unlock more of it's features, like the very advanced 'Convert to Text'.

But before you go doing that, go master the basics first. Search the Tutorials section here on Hive, on TheHelper.net, search the forums of other warcraft III modding sites, even YouTube and Google.

It's going to take you some time, but be patient.

Level 9
Level 25
I don't think he needs java guides. I think it's a lot better to actually browse through guides on hive, practice in WE and trigger in GUI, because it's synoptic and less prone to make an error. He can learn logical thinking and after that he can move to more advanced stuff.

And he won't need to translate polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.