• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Who can help {importing spells & models}?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! )
I'm new at this stuff.. I have been googling for past 4 days... and find out how to imput models.. but... Can someone hemp me with Spells? Most of the people put spells with map's... I don't know how to import them... Can someone give a link or post some screen shots how to do it ?
P.S. I ran into some tutorials ... but I think... My brain is still not ready for this... :goblin_boom: but maybe someone can explain ? ::vw_wtf:
10x For you time! Hope to hear some responds ...

MeTallElf

Level 17
Hi. It depends on what kind of spell it is you want to import. If it is just a spell (no triggers related to it) here's what to do:

• Open then map with the spell you want
  • Select the spell
  • Press CTRL+C
  • Open your map
  • Press F6 (opens Object Editor)
  • Click abilities
  • Press CTRL+V
If there are triggers with the ability you need to copy them across as well as the spell.

• Select the trigger
  • Press CTRL+C
  • Open your map
  • Press F4 (opens triggers)
  • Press CTRL+V

Note: Before doing all of this I recommend going to File, Preferences. Then, on the General tab, put a tick in the box next to "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data".

Hope this helped. Just shout if you need more help! :thumbs_up:

Mr_Bean

Level 1
Mr_Bean987 , 10x for your reply...
I tryed that... but nothing helped... :(((( I tried with 2 spells... :((( no luck...

Level 1
ok )) I didn't get u first time :DD
ok ))) I will give a link.. and if you can... if it will go.. Can u make screenshot's how u done it ? :)))

Level 17
Hmmm, I'm don't know anything about JASS. You must copy all the triggers, the custom unit (Portal (Dummy)) and the custom ability.
Remember to put a tick next to "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data".

If it still doesn't work, someone else will have to help you. Sorry, I don't know anything about JASS! :vw_death:

Mr_Bean

Status
Not open for further replies.