• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone tell me how to create a page, simple one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Are you referring to like, designing your own Web Page?

You can use some editors out there that allow for a more "graphical" approach to it (GUI), and that let you like drag on buttons and panels into different things, drag your own text boxes and like double click them to alter the height and width. I've never used one of those for web pages actually so I couldn't tell you!

BUT, you would be looking for the computer language of HTML! It's very easy and actually isn't even "programming" if I know my terminology, programming for Web is actually separate from "development" for Web! HTML has no math or anything, no strange scientific algorithms either. It's just purely made for vertically laying out your web page's "elements" as they call them or "nodes" (buttons are elements, text boxes, drop-down menus, number meters, colour wheel pickers, fly-out menus, etc.), then you use another micro/mini language called CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to alter the horizontal positioning of your site, and also add colour and "style" in other words (there's advanced (advanced, yet unbelieveably easy) concepts like adding gradients, fancy borders, shadows on buttons or frames, etc.).

Then to do the "scripting" as they call it or "programming", you use JavaScript (JS), and if you need to do server-side programming you have a few options. You can use PHP or if you want a bit more complex approach (complex to start, but after a while it's quite intuitive if you practice) then you can use Java Enterprise Edition.

Start by downloading Notepad++, it's a type of Notepad that's downloadable and you literally just start typing your HTML code and you Save As as a .html file, or if you want to use PHP you save as a .php file (PHP code can go within an HTML page, where you add little snippets/scriptlets (I believe they are called scriptlets as well) in parts of the page and it runs just what's in that snippet within the PHP language).

PHP and JavaScript can get a bit more complex than simple graphical languages like HTML and CSS. But as for adding the "chatting" extension/widget whatever, I couldn't help you there. I know there's people that offered those old-school Shoutboxes back in the day or whatever, I'm sure you can get a chatbox plugin and you just paste it vertically where you want it in the HTML file, and it will add it I guess?

Last edited:
Level 35
so I just created this dope website with wix

lemme show you how I did it

*smacks lips*

upload_2019-1-4_8-29-22.png

Level 7
Im just looking a really simple page where i can add a CHAT extention.

Please help

There is not problem if the page is just a simple picture.

Hi, I do think you need to elaborate more though. If you are a programmer and web developer, you can create your own web chat by using coding by linking your chat system to database to store your chat history or maybe to textfile to store your chat history. But if you do not know, you can try to install wordpress and search for Chat plugin in the wordpress marketplace or from this link or any other similar plugins for the particular websites provided by the vendor / communities.

Level 21
Hi, I do think you need to elaborate more though. If you are a programmer and web developer, you can create your own web chat by using coding by linking your chat system to database to store your chat history or maybe to textfile to store your chat history. But if you do not know, you can try to install wordpress and search for Chat plugin in the wordpress marketplace or from this link or any other similar plugins for the particular websites provided by the vendor / communities.

so I just created this dope website with wix

lemme show you how I did it

*smacks lips*

View attachment 313110
Are you referring to like, designing your own Web Page?

You can use some editors out there that allow for a more "graphical" approach to it (GUI), and that let you like drag on buttons and panels into different things, drag your own text boxes and like double click them to alter the height and width. I've never used one of those for web pages actually so I couldn't tell you!

BUT, you would be looking for the computer language of HTML! It's very easy and actually isn't even "programming" if I know my terminology, programming for Web is actually separate from "development" for Web! HTML has no math or anything, no strange scientific algorithms either. It's just purely made for vertically laying out your web page's "elements" as they call them or "nodes" (buttons are elements, text boxes, drop-down menus, number meters, colour wheel pickers, fly-out menus, etc.), then you use another micro/mini language called CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to alter the horizontal positioning of your site, and also add colour and "style" in other words (there's advanced (advanced, yet unbelieveably easy) concepts like adding gradients, fancy borders, shadows on buttons or frames, etc.).

Then to do the "scripting" as they call it or "programming", you use JavaScript (JS), and if you need to do server-side programming you have a few options. You can use PHP or if you want a bit more complex approach (complex to start, but after a while it's quite intuitive if you practice) then you can use Java Enterprise Edition.

Start by downloading Notepad++, it's a type of Notepad that's downloadable and you literally just start typing your HTML code and you Save As as a .html file, or if you want to use PHP you save as a .php file (PHP code can go within an HTML page, where you add little snippets/scriptlets (I believe they are called scriptlets as well) in parts of the page and it runs just what's in that snippet within the PHP language).

PHP and JavaScript can get a bit more complex than simple graphical languages like HTML and CSS. But as for adding the "chatting" extension/widget whatever, I couldn't help you there. I know there's people that offered those old-school Shoutboxes back in the day or whatever, I'm sure you can get a chatbox plugin and you just paste it vertically where you want it in the HTML file, and it will add it I guess?

-----

Im just looking for a simple page, i currently dont know about programming so im just looking for a simple page, then ill add the tawk extention.

Im not looking for a page like a Wiki, forum or things like that :D

---------

Last edited:
Level 5
If you need to thread author, you can go to the w3schools site! It's the official website of the World Wide Web (they are who the "www" is named after in a website URL :p), and they have GREAT easy to learn HTML tutorials! They even teach CSS, Javascript, and some other stuff too. I think JavaScript.

Believe it or not it REALLY isn't hard to set up a simple page through code. Many people get intimidated by it, but it's so simple.

If you want to make a paragraph, you do:

<p>Hello this is my first paragraph</p>

If you want to make something bold, you do

<p>Hello this is my <strong>first</strong> paragraph</p>

(which will bold the word "first")

If you want to make a button, you do <button></button>, with some other things too.

That is LITERALLY HTML for you! Because I don't really know how you're going to set up your own web page without knowing how to make a web page lol.

Last edited:
Level 7
-----

Im just looking for a simple page, i currently dont know about programming so im just looking for a simple page, then ill add the tawk extention.

Im not looking for a page like a Wiki, forum or things like that :D

---------

Hi, you can setup a wordpress website which is easy for you. You do not need any programming language and it is all drag and drop. Simple to setup. Then go to the link to install the tawk plugins for wordpress and you are able to use the tawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.