• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Can someone please fix this model for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, i downloaded Caveman by The_Silent, and i tried making a spear version, i successfully implemented the bandit spearthrower animation, and also added the spear to the caveman's hand, my problem is that the spear doesn't dissappear during the attack animation, it should dissappear/go invisible when the caveman "throws" it, but i have no idea how to do that, it currently looks like he's swinging the spear's handle rather than throwing it, i'm sure it must be an incredibly easy edit but i just can't figure how to do it, i attach the model below.

Please, and thank you.

EDIT: extra good if you can add the two spears on the back, where one dissapears at the end of the attack animation, when it looks like "picking the next spear"

Attachments

• Caveman_spear.mdx
    138.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Level 21
I'm too busy to do it right now, but I'll try to give you some guidance on how to make the spear disappear since you already did most of the work yourself.

Visibility of the model geometry (which is divided into geosets) can be easily changed with Magos' War3 Model Editor (Windows > Geoset Animation Manager).

Unit models that decay should have a geoset animation for each geoset; having more geoset animations than geosets can cause bugs and the model won't show up when you import it if the model has a geoset animation with Geoset ID set to None.

Geoset animations in standard models have animated visibility, with lines of code that look something like this:
1433: 1
1616: 0
7810: 1
The values on the left are animation frames; they are unique for every model, but are always arranged in ascending order. The values on the right determine whether the geoset is visible at that frame; 1-visible, 0-invisible.

So, in my example above, the geoset is visible in all frames from 1433 to 1616, (where it becomes invisible). You don't need to set the visibility for all in-between frames since they are treated as status toggle switch (ON until turned OFF and vice versa).

You can go to Windows > Sequence Manager to see what frame belongs to what animation and then play the animation (Windows > Animation Controller) to preview the changes you made.

By the way, the MPQ archives that contain the game data and allow the older model editors to load the standard WC3 textures were removed in patch 1.30, so if you're using a newer version you will need to download them and place them in the folder where the game is installed (usually "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III").

Status
Not open for further replies.