• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can someone help me with this trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
i need help with a trigger I'm working on for i royally suck ass at triggering\JASS etc. this trigger is suppose to limit the amount of hero's of a specific hero you clicked on, here is what i have:

Event:
Unit - Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen> Begins training a unit

Action:
Player - Make (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen>)

and then i also have this to re-add the button if possibly someone cancels the hero summoning:

Event:
Unit - Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen> Cancels training a unit

Action:
Player - Make (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Available for training/construction by (Owner of Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen>)

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong???

Level 12
well what i want it to do is that when i click on a certain hero such as the Ranger, the button will vanish, but then when you cancel it it will re-appear just like a normal hero summoning, thats about it, and i don't know why what i have is'nt working this is basically my first "real" trigger

Level 10
Its not working because if you make the hero unavailable for construction, then the hero you are summoning will be cancelled since you can no longer make it.

Tell me, why is the melee game 1 per hero-type trigger not working for you?

Level 12
i need help with a trigger I'm working on for i royally suck ass at triggering\JASS etc. this trigger is suppose to limit the amount of hero's of a specific hero you clicked on, here is what i have:

Event:
Unit - Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen> Begins training a unit

Action:
Player - Make (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen>)

and then i also have this to re-add the button if possibly someone cancels the hero summoning:

Event:
Unit - Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen> Cancels training a unit

Action:
Player - Make (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Available for training/construction by (Owner of Altar of Vengance 0017 <gen>)

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong???

With your triggers your using "Picked Unit" try using a different variable, or change it to..

• Untitled Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - enters region (Playable Map area)
    • Conditions
      • Unit type of triggering unit equal to (Hero)
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering Unit))

Status
Not open for further replies.