• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can i publish a non-English map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I made this amazing multiplayer campaign, with voice acting, etc.
Its a small 1 map campaign, based on humor.

The map's main characters speak both English & Serbian, all other side characters speak English. Thus they are in a land with a foreign language, in this case English.

The main 2 characters, "The Great Salemun" & "Lord Pendulian" (Me & my brother) crashed into this weird barren land from the far seas. They are attacked by weird racist quill beasts, which are very rude by the way. Eventually as their battle is complete on the way to finding a village they meet a French ogre, also very rude. After a while they step at the village's gates, they meet a warmhearted villager named John. He asks them if they would accept a quest, 'the trolls have been trolling my people for far too long', he said. & so the heroes emerge into the village & slay the trolls. Trolls held a prisoner, a slave which was the French ogre's lover. As he finds out that the heroes have killed the Ogre he goes anarchy & fills with blood lust, seeking revenge upon the Great Salemun & the mighty Lord Pendulian. The ending 'chapter' is a weird city, where a king named "Uter" rules, he is mad and a prick in all honesty.

(I know, 'Uther', but 'Uter' is in this story.)

Note that every conversation contains a bit of salty humor, here & there. Didn't spoil it here, thus there would be no point in playing the map that way.

Required languages to play the map: English, Serbian, Croatian or similar Slovenian language.
Alas the words are not too complicated & can be understood for the most part, thus all you need is to know a Slovenian language (Balkan).

I'm aware that the rules of conduct on hive state that the map must be English otherwise its garbage.
That's pretty straight honestly..
Though its only 30-40% non English.
(The quest log is on Serbian as well.)

Also, if the map were to be translated the humor wouldn't really work. Humor using Serbian & English words differ. For example "Uter" might be funny because of the way its being spoken in Serbian, while within the English grammar its just weird.

Level 7
Alright,_thanks_for_the_info._Btw,_Steam_big_picture_is_shit._cant_even_use_space_bar_in_text_boxes._Though,_i_like_the_cosmetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.