• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Can I make hexed unit have attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I've done a custom Hex spell before.

How Hex works is that it chooses from a pre-determined set of units that the target is randomly transformed into. These are critters, so by default the hero cannot attack.

However, what you could try doing is create custom critters which do have an attack. This might enable the hero to still attack while hexed. No promises.

Otherwise, Hex might be hardcoded to disable a hero's attack regardless. In that case you'll need to do some fancy metamorphosis / unit changing to get the effect you want.

Level 25
I don't think it works that way.
I think I tried to make a similar spell which makes the target of polymorph change into Doom Guard instead of sheep and change the owner for the duration, however afaik the Doom Guard still couldn't attack.

Level 15
sethmachine said:
Otherwise, Hex might be hardcoded to disable a hero's attack regardless.
Then it is hardcoded, unfortunately, that the unit's attack is disabled. Doubtful that there's a native which could enable?

Status
Not open for further replies.