• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi all. I just want show pictures from my campaign project i am working on. I hope that u tell me what to improve or what color of fog i have to use. thx
Btw sorry for that cubes, but i dont know how to remove them...
I've added two new pictures..its same view but in night and day. I also change camera angles so u can see more...
And i added lot of shrubs too :)

Attachments

• PictureOne.jpg
    PictureOne.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 201
  • PictureTwo.jpg
    PictureTwo.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 203
  • PictureThree.jpg
    PictureThree.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 224
  • PictureFour.jpg
    PictureFour.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Level 28
Hmm... I know what you have to do to improve this:

Overall hints:

1)Look around at the this board and see how we do for terraining. But pay attention to details, they change the overall look of your terrain a lot.

2)While in the World Editor, press "v" key to see the game-view. The purple cubes will not be shown.

3)
This is not about the terrain itself, but it is going to help you in some ways: Choose better points to take your screenshot. The elements of the screen are too close to the camera, so it is hardf to see the background, then This is only acceptable if you want to put in evidence one element, but thats not what you meant there.

4)Practice.

About the terrain:

1)As I said above, the elements are too close to the camera, so its hard to see the background. Like, the main element of the first screen isn't that rock and skulls, right? lol. So move the camera beside the rock, then we can better analyze it.

2)Add more shrubs! They'll give a better look to it.

3)Its Lordaeron Fall, right? So you have to tint the shrubs to a color that fix good with the tileset. They're too green, and the grass is orange, and thats weird.

4) Nice use of fog. More practice and you'll find a way to fix it better.

5)I liked the wall at the background in the first pic. Good work!

6)At the second picture, it is night.... so what the hell is that orange fog doing there? Look, you have to choose what do you want: a day or night map. If you want a day map, you choosed the right fog. If you want a night-themed map, you'll need a dark blue fog.

Remember I'm here only to help.

Good luck with the campaign!

Level 9
You can also press "i" to take the cubes/start locations out of sight. Just press "i" again and they'll reappear.

Level 10
Hmm... I know what you have to do to improve this:

Overall hints:

1)Look around at the this board and see how we do for terraining. But pay attention to details, they change the overall look of your terrain a lot.

2)While in the World Editor, press "v" key to see the game-view. The purple cubes will not be shown.

3)
This is not about the terrain itself, but it is going to help you in some ways: Choose better points to take your screenshot. The elements of the screen are too close to the camera, so it is hardf to see the background, then This is only acceptable if you want to put in evidence one element, but thats not what you meant there.

4)Practice.

About the terrain:

1)As I said above, the elements are too close to the camera, so its hard to see the background. Like, the main element of the first screen isn't that rock and skulls, right? lol. So move the camera beside the rock, then we can better analyze it.

2)Add more shrubs! They'll give a better look to it.

3)Its Lordaeron Fall, right? So you have to tint the shrubs to a color that fix good with the tileset. They're too green, and the grass is orange, and thats weird.

4) Nice use of fog. More practice and you'll find a way to fix it better.

5)I liked the wall at the background in the first pic. Good work!

6)At the second picture, it is night.... so what the hell is that orange fog doing there? Look, you have to choose what do you want: a day or night map. If you want a day map, you choosed the right fog. If you want a night-themed map, you'll need a dark blue fog.

Remember I'm here only to help.

Good luck with the campaign!

Great thx for critism. About orange fog in night...its because i forgot to change options in WE so Day and Night are changing and i don't register that the night has came :O rlly thx i will try to improve this

Last edited:
Level 34
Darkey's way is better. Hit "I", "K", and "F" to do the exact same thing without the "Game view settings".

The terrain isn't bad, but not great. All the colors clash. Tint things to make it better.

The orange fog is ugly. The blue is much better. Try a custom color though, the preset colors are not going to perfectly fit the terrain. It usually requires some adjustments.

Just like your colors, the trees clash, that barrens tree does not belong at all.

Overall it's pretty good. Nice tile variation, good use of doodads, and a pretty good fog on that last one. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.