• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining properly - RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
This is not a map of a game I'm making. I've just thought I might make my self a challenge. What I am doing here is creating a 254x254 map. And everything will be 100% playable. I will be uploading my progress daily. Even if its not much. This is my first day. It may not look like much work. But this took forever. I wan't trying to rush this at all. I am just trying to place shrubs and rocks in the right place.

The natural look I'm going for is so far so good. So let me know of what you guys think. If you think I could improve. Please write down below what I could fix. Just tell me what image you're talking about when you do it. Even though I highly doubt I'll make the changes. Id still like you to post them. And if they seem interesting enough. I just might add it.

So yea. My goal is to create a perfect RPG terrain based map. And I'll take as long as I must to make it perfect. So here it is. So much yet. But one-day. The entire map will be filled.

Change log

[-] Changed the portals colour
[-] Removed large ugly rocks in the first picture
[-] Added four more pictures

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 224
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 3
the problem is WOW models are not so suitable mix up with original style models.
I suggest you can use some small size wow models and put them around the big one , in order to make the scene more comfortable.

Level 3
well,i just cannot believe that portal is a custom made model........

——————————————————
after i found it
——————————————————
well,i still insist on my view.

i see it just a moment before , but this one was not only use wow texture but also use wow polygon,i just cannot say this is a custom style one, being a liar make no sense to me.......eh.......don't you think so?wow models always give us a smooth feeling and so does it.In my view,if someone cannot judge the style and color correctly , it‘s really a hard job for him(of course her either) to create harmony in their work.

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh Hello Dude I Just Want To Help
First

Edit These :

1. Change The Ashenvale Rocks Into Rough Dirt .. Dude Its An Road Not An Cliff ;).

2. The Leave Tiles From The Poratl Would Be Look Horribly And Change It To Dirt Tile :)

3. Goodluck!

Level 16
Okay thanks. And also forgot to point out. The large green rock blocking the path on the road. Is not supposed to be there. I was only testing out some things. I'll upload a new picture later.

2. The Leave Tiles From The Poratl Would Be Look Horribly And Change It To Dirt Tile :)
Explain that in full detail please. I hardly understand that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.